Daft Wee Things You Do

4 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Every time Nina Nannar's name  is mentioned on the news the emergency services are called in my head.

Hard to resist shouting it in a Buster Bloodvessel voice.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Aye, but the real question is… salt & vinegar or salt & sauce on yer’ fries? 😛

I feel that this is clipped from one of Stuart Cosgrove’s “humorous” ravings.

Right sock - left sock - left shoe - right shoe.

When starting a meal, the first bite is always the "supporting" ingredient. Steak and chips - one chip, then a bit of steak, curry and rice - forkful of rice first, soup and bread - bite of bread etc.

While my head is under the towel as I'm drying my hair, I'm doing a silent "Yaaaaaayyyy!!!" as if I'm cheering an imaginary goal or something.

No idea why, but it's too late to change now. 

12 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

I often respond to the wife in various (dodgy) accents purely, as I do with my alternative song lyrics, to wind her up.

Most often met with a withering or sometimes pitiful look, and a comment about me being an overgrown manchild. I'm only 51 ffs..

I ruined Islands in the stream for my girlfriend by singing Islands Industry.

There are a few Cello players in my neighbourhood that study at the Amsterdam Conservatorium, any time I see them with their instruments strapped to their back in the carrying case I always do a bit of air guitar, one of them chuckles every time...the others not so much.

On 25/05/2024 at 23:28, BFTD said:

Should try it on the roads. The phrase "tear along the dotted line" exists for a reason.

Not a word of a lie but a significant minority of drivers here do that as a rule. I genuinely think they believe the white line is a guide for centring their car rather than a divider. 

Of course, it's possible they are right and the rest of us are getting it wrong.   

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Only ever have volume on the TV set to good numbers. 21, 27, 30, 38, 48, 50 or 53.

Fortunately for my neighbours, East Fife stopped winning trophies and stuff after 1953

Odd numbered volume is a registrable offence 

Edited by coprolite
Unless it's a multiple of five obviously

46 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Not a word of a lie but a significant minority of drivers here do that as a rule. I genuinely think they believe the white line is a guide for centring their car rather than a divider. 

Of course, it's possible they are right and the rest of us are getting it wrong.   

I blame Scalextric. 

I usually eat each element of a meal individually rather than mixing.  My wee lad once asked me how I decided which was first and I told him the best first as you might not live to the end of the meal and it would be a disaster to not get to the good stuff. 

When eating fish fingers I will eat the coating first and then the fish.  Same when eating a Bounty or Twix or the like -  I will dissect and eat each element separately.  To be fair, I've kind of grown out of such nonsense but not that long ago.  

I'm not one for eating McDonald's fries/chips first but the wife does.  We put all the fries/chips together though, so there's a method in her madness the greedy f****r! 

On the subject of the wife - if we're going away for a couple of days she will take a photo of the plug outlets to giver her peace of mind when she starts to wonder if she left something unplugged. 

15 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I usually eat each element of a meal individually rather than mixing.  My wee lad once asked me how I decided which was first and I told him the best first as you might not live to the end of the meal and it would be a disaster to not get to the good stuff. 

When eating fish fingers I will eat the coating first and then the fish.  Same when eating a Bounty or Twix or the like -  I will dissect and eat each element separately.  To be fair, I've kind of grown out of such nonsense but not that long ago. 

I would find it impossible to share a table/home/life with an adult who does this. I might possibly even murder them.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I would find it impossible to share a table/home/life with an adult who does this. I might possibly even murder them.

Same here. 

On 26/05/2024 at 10:29, Cosmic Joe said:

Only ever have volume on the TV set to good numbers. 21, 27, 30, 38, 48, 50 or 53.

Fortunately for my neighbours, East Fife stopped winning trophies and stuff after 1953.

53?! Ffs

8pig4H.gif

DlGUwN.gif

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I enjoy reading other people describe indicators of their own insanity

What do you mean?

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm not one for eating McDonald's fries/chips first but the wife does.  We put all the fries/chips together though, so there's a method in her madness the greedy f****r! 

On the subject of the wife - if we're going away for a couple of days she will take a photo of the plug outlets to giver her peace of mind when she starts to wonder if she left something unplugged. 

Oh, I see.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Odd numbered volume is a registrable offence 

Used to drive me nuts when others would use an odd numbered volume.

My current TV doesn’t have any numbers to indicate volume so that’s one less stress in my life.

Echo the McDonald’s chat - on the odd occasion I do have something from there it’s always chips first then the burger.

I always brush my teeth in the same sequence - top left area, bottom left area, bottom right area, top right area.

I actually do the food thing but admit it is very odd. I'll eat veg first, then potato product (chips, roast potatoes etc..) then finally the meat. Depending on the meal sometimes I will have a bit of two of the items together in a fork but quite rare.

19 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I actually do the food thing but admit it is very odd. I'll eat veg first, then potato product (chips, roast potatoes etc..) then finally the meat. Depending on the meal sometimes I will have a bit of two of the items together in a fork but quite rare.

You're taking a big risk there leaving the meat to last as per my earlier post.