Your Candidates Tonight

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

You can make up posh names from the bus destinations in Edinburgh

Signed 

Torphin Clermiston

Is Torphin engaged to   "Trinity Polton Mill"?

I honestly still don't know who is standing in my area.

I've received no literature put through my door yet. I've not seen any posters, the lamp posts are bare, my door bell hasn't rung and I've not heard any cars going round the doors with Joe Hart or any any other looney shouting through a loud hailer.

I'm starting to think this election is a figment of every one else's imagination.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Signed 

Torphin Clermiston

The Bletchley to Bedford railway line is a goldmine for this sort of thing. The stations sound like the cast of a 1920s Elstree Studios production:

Fenny Stratford
Bow Brickhill
Woburn Sands
Apsley Guise
Ridgmont Lidlington
Millbrook Stewartby
Kempston Hardwick
Bedford St. Johns

Edited by Alan Twelve

16 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I honestly still don't know who is standing in my area.

I've received no literature put through my door yet. I've not seen any posters, the lamp posts are bare, my door bell hasn't rung and I've not heard any cars going round the doors with Joe Hart or any any other looney shouting through a loud hailer.

I'm starting to think this election is a figment of every one else's imagination.

I know your post is about lack of engagement by candidates but this website has quite a bit of useful information on candidates, polling stations etc. 

Www.democracyclub.org.uk. 

3 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

I know your post is about lack of engagement by candidates but this website has quite a bit of useful information on candidates, polling stations etc. 

Www.democracyclub.org.uk. 

I know the internet exists, thanks. And I can see my polling place from my kitchen window.

They want my vote, they need to contact me. I'm not going looking for them I'm afraid.

Plenty of other people who are eligible to vote will get their information from social media or politically sponsored media outlets as well.

In fact, some people might not even watch TV these days and know there is an election on. Take Rishi, he has no access to Sky News.

3 hours ago, Alan Twelve said:

The Bletchley to Bedford railway line is a goldmine for this sort of thing. The stations sound like the cast of a 1920s Elstree Studios production:

Fenny Stratford
Bow Brickhill
Woburn Sands
Apsley Guise
Ridgmont Lidlington
Millbrook Stewartby
Kempston Hardwick
Bedford St. Johns

Kempston Hardwick...

kenneth_williams_bbc_bw.jpg.93676094170e408021edcadaf4593f67.jpg

On 11/06/2024 at 23:42, tongue_tied_danny said:

I googled Niko Omilana and he seems to be some kind of prankster with millions of subscribers on YouTube.

Not sure why he's standing in Dundee. I've looked him up on social media and he hasn't mentioned it anywhere that I can see.

Is he building up to some kind of jape?

On 11/06/2024 at 23:53, BFTD said:

Running against Rish! in Rish!mond, apparently.

Is it possible to have other people's names put on the ballot paper? Seems like the kind of thing that those zany TikTok kids might do to each other as a hilarious jape.

Apparently it’s some bint (wid not)

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/dundee/5009113/olivia-dewar-niko-omilana-general-election-dundee/

IMG_9753.jpeg

Only had bumph through the letterbox from one candidate so far - two leaflets for independent former SNP & Abla "indy lawyer" Eva Comrie. No mention of genital inspection, which is why she left both parties. Wondering if this is an anomaly or if parties have finally realised that most people transfer these things straight from the letterbox to the bin anyway, so they're as well to post shit on social media for free.

Might just be that everyone's given up on Alloa and Grangemouth because they know who's winning anyway?

Had the reform leaflet through the door today. I looked up the bodybuilder wifie who is standing and her wee YouTube clip was all soft and cuddly about having a better society and economy etc etc.

The leaflet? 

IMMIGRANTS OUT

On 08/06/2024 at 11:16, BFTD said:

I've got nine to choose from. Bit curious about how the lassie with dozens of legs has ended up running against Abla; seems there must have been a bit of internecine squabbling on the go, considering the overlap in interests. Victory for MacAskill would presumably be picking up enough votes to allow Labour to win ahead of the SNP (unlikely either way).

I see the fascist party candidate claims that he has more experience of the real world than the others because his dad let him run one of their businesses which, lol. Surprised we're getting a Galloway candidate, but apparently they're standing in more than 500 constituencies; curious about where the funding's coming from, as it certainly won't be from Gorgeous George's coffers. Infuriating that the only "left-wing" option is his latest grift.

Quite fancy having a purple-haired MP with a choker but, alas.

image.thumb.png.fa695aa4b5aa3f7a28679b7d9b1a0513.png

FFS. Nicolson is probably the most vain man I've ever met, and to be fair to him he wouldn't deny it, but that photo must be at least 30 years old minimum. Surely there must be some sort of requirement that you don't put out thoroughly misleading election guff. He'll turn up on folk's doorsteps who would have no idea who he was going by that.

On 18/06/2024 at 07:46, tamthebam said:

Signed 

Torphin Clermiston

Obligatory ‘aw the sailors know your maw as Ocean Terminal’ 

12 hours ago, Mr Waldo said:

My current MP is Labour.

20240629_203343.jpg

The Monster Raving Loonies need to start doing this. Made up bar charts with "only the Loonies can stop Count Binface here!"

17 hours ago, Mr Waldo said:

My current MP is Labour.

20240629_203343.jpg

Tbf that was indeed the Lanark & Hamilton East result last time... you presumably live in the Hamilton West & Earnock ward which is transferring to it from Rutherglen & Hamilton West, with the constituency being renamed Hamilton & Clyde Valley.

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 26/06/2024 at 18:15, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Postal vote received and returned for myself and my wife.

We both voted for the good guy.

Good guy in politics ? Is there such a thing these days ? 🤔