Group C 🇸🇮🇩🇰🇷🇸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Just now, DA Baracus said:

On the other side of the draw from France, Spain, Germany and Portgual.

How do they always get such jammy b*****d draws?!

Tbf there's a decent chance they could play Holland or even Belgium in the last 16.

2 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Tbf there's a decent chance they could play Holland or even Belgium in the last 16.

Both are horrible compared to the other four!

Feels very much like they are trying to convince themselves they were actually good in the second half. 

Only caught the 2nd half there, but it was turgid pish.

Theymight be on the easier side of the draw but they'll still need to go up levels to progress.

4 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

England with their multi millionaires scored the same amount of goals as Scotland in the group stage 

And I reckon you could argue, with a much easier set of games.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Both are horrible compared to the other four!

Feels very much like they are trying to convince themselves they were actually good in the second half. 

Stones interview reeked of a squad that don't believe they're playing well and don't believe they're playing the correct way, to me.

There's a lack of belief there.

21 minutes ago, virginton said:

The favourable side of the draw was the main cause of both their major tournament runs under Southgate. And it looks like giving them the least difficult possible pathway to a major tournament final yet again. 

They are the spawniest nation under the sun. 

Exactly. I am English but the events leading to this are beyond belief. 

Germany scored with 2 minutes to go otherwise they would be in our half. France are denied a win due to a re-taken penalty. 

Denmark didn't make any attempt to go for the win at the end, despite the fact they now face Germany next. 

It still could be Netherlands, Italy and Belgium, who all have stopped England in previous tournaments. Yet Germany, Spain and Portugal would have been the draw had Denmark scored tonight.

I wonder if other teams teams don't really bother who they play and prefer to save themselves? 

23 minutes ago, Neilfs said:

Germany scored with 2 minutes to go otherwise they would be in our half. France are denied a win due to a re-taken penalty. 

Denmark didn't make any attempt to go for the win at the end, despite the fact they now face Germany next. 

It still could be Netherlands, Italy and Belgium, who all have stopped England in previous tournaments. Yet Germany, Spain and Portugal would have been the draw had Denmark scored tonight.

I wonder if other teams teams don't really bother who they play and prefer to save themselves? 

Defensively England look solid but they haven't been tested. The goal they lost was a great strike from 25 yards. Nobody has cut them open. But i don't think that England team has it in them to score if they go behind. Every manager who has watched England in this competition knows to pack the defence and midfield and they won't be broken. 

30 minutes ago, Neilfs said:

England have never beaten teams of the quality of Netherlands, Belgium and Italy in the knockout stages of a major tournament away from home. 

Belgium particularly look impressive.

Slovenia squad value: £143.2m

England squad value: £1.2bn

The valuation of the England players are elevated solely by the stature of the EPL.

Take out Saliba, Salah, De Bruyne, Van Dijk, Haaland, Doku, Bruno Fernandes, Rodri, etc, of the EPL and that £1.2bn would drastically fall.

I've said it previously and I'll say it again. The English are World champions at being self publisists.

I can understand the England fans buying into the hype, but what I cannot understand is fans of other teams believing it.

I mean, a Scotland fan here called Mainoo world class because "He's playing for club and country at 19 years of age".

Baffling.

It just underlines how bad Manchester United and England's central midfields are.

If England and Manchester United had the likes of Gascoigne, Keane, Fletcher, Robson, Ince, Scholes, Carrick, Ince, etc, Mainoo would be on holiday and playing for England u21s and Manchester United youths.

If England fans think a new manager is going to turn around the fortunes of this England team and make them expansive and exciting then they're wrong.

And now the English media are saying that England are now in the "easy side of the draw".

The media have just done England's opponents teamtalk for them.

Edited by Chripper

5 minutes ago, Chripper said:

If England fans think a new manager is going to turn around the fortunes of this England team and make them expansive and exciting then they're wrong.

Which is nice :)

Scraping top of the table with that turgidity is very annoying. Perhaps The Best League in The World (TM), where most of their squad plays, is actually only so because of the top foreigners.