3 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Forgot about some of the absolute bellends on the Premiership forum. Relegation did have its advantages

You do irony very well.

4 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

Speaking of colour. Did you know Dundee used to wear black and white strips?

Fun fact, we only ditched the black and white strips when colour TV was invented.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

Thought there was an affy stench about the place. 

That’ll be the pish stained mattress above your pie hut. Or the “backed up drains on Dens Road” flooding the pitch… 👀 

Edited by Junior_Arab

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Fun fact, we only ditched the black and white strips when colour TV was invented.

I haven’t Googled it, but something in my auld addled brain tells me you chose tangerine & black after playing some American mob in a friendly. A team from Texas maybe? Christ knows if I just imagined that. 🙃

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I haven’t Googled it, but something in my auld addled brain tells me you chose tangerine & black after playing some American mob in a friendly. A team from Texas maybe? Christ knows if I just imagined that. 🙃

I was being facetious.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I was being facetious.

I know you were 😁

Just in general though, didn’t you play in black & white and the tangerine & black came from an American opponent in a friendly?

43 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

31 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I know you were 😁

Just in general though, didn’t you play in black & white and the tangerine & black came from an American opponent in a friendly?

The tangerine colours came after playing Dallas Tornado in 1969 and based on the colours of the Dallas team.

23 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

The tangerine colours came after playing Dallas Tornado in 1969 and based on the colours of the Dallas team.

Googled it now…

979389AE-0C38-4077-A465-ADE6A660F97E.jpeg

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Your club's name is not at the top of this thread yet. Wait for your invite. 

Aye there is a point where Div moves the yo-yo teams threads about. Wait yer turn.

10 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

I'm sure it was Jerry Kerr's wife had said she liked the colour of that Tornados strip so United took it on 

10 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

They changed to tangerine at the start of the 1969/70 season after playing as Dallas Tornado in a US tournament during the Scottish close season. They’d also represented them in a similar tournament in 1967. The friendly at home to the Tornadoes was in October 1969. The picture that @pozbaird posted is from 1967 as recognise Mogens Berg (13), Finn Dossing (14) Finn Seemann (7) amongst others.

19 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

I'm sure it was Jerry Kerr's wife had said she liked the colour of that Tornados strip so United took it on 

I'm thinking it was one of the directors' wives who suggested  the colour change, as no other Scottish club used tangerine. Whoever it was, I'm just glad the blue facings weren't included in the new colours choice, we'd have looked like an early Sevco paying homage to our Dutch players.