19 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I see we have sold about 6 tickets for tomorrow which is a shame as it's a chance to start going deep in cups again.

Before our wilderness years we must have been in a semi just about every season 

I know it's a major trophy, but still, couldn't give a feck about the Premier Sports Cup.

31 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I know it's a major trophy, but still, couldn't give a feck about the Premier Sports Cup.

Cant get on board with stuff like this. Winning games breeds confidence and a mentality plus this is one of only two trophies the club is realistically able to win

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

I see we have sold about 6 tickets for tomorrow which is a shame as it's a chance to start going deep in cups again.

I wasn't going to attend, not having been to any of the group games as the competition has been devalued for a number of reasons, but I'm going now, although I see Vicko Sevelj is reported to be suspended, which is another aspect which annoys me about the set up. 

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Almost agree with you, but as we progress my interest grows.

52 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Cant get on board with stuff like this. Winning games breeds confidence and a mentality plus this is one of only two trophies the club is realistically able to win

The attendances at these games indicates a lot of people aren't on board with the competition. Giving the OF and a couple of others byes when they have the biggest squads, then seeding them for the next round, then disciplinary rules depleting the 'lesser' sides' squads...... 

The appeal of pre-season has been diminished for many fans due to this present format, which ensures certain teams can do their traditional pre-season preparations which can include tours or lucrative friendlies, while others have had to adapt and play semi competitive games and face the ire of fans when they don't come up with desired results. Pre-season should be about fitness and experimentation, but the present competition only allows the sides with byes this right.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian
repetitive drivel

Any idea why we've been given behind the goals for our upcoming game?

Can't remember it happening before.

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Totally agree with you.

I see some BNB's are trying to diminish St Johnstone's recent cup achievements by saying the League Cup is no longer a major trophy.  Ironic considering their list of trophies.

11 minutes ago, ArabWurzel said:

I see some BNB's are trying to diminish St Johnstone's recent cup achievements by saying the League Cup is no longer a major trophy.  Ironic considering their list of trophies.

They only do that until you remind that no League Cups means we have the same amount of "major" trophies as them (2), at which point they decide the league is only major achievement.

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's overpriced. 20 quid is too much at this stage of the season when many are still paying up season tickets, particularly in the age of the Firestick. 

I had to think twice given I can watch it at home.

League Cup games haven't been well attended for 20 odd years so whilst I wouldn't blame the current format it feels like the "meh" factor is bleeding into the knock out rounds.

Can't imagine the away support will be too impressive either.

I'm presuming a fair number of our regular away supporters were in Norway during the week, so might be somewhat short of funds given the price of beer and air travel. Plus their other halves might not be too impressed with them pissing off to Dundee after arriving home no doubt half-pished with no money left.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

I think the format of this competition is shit anyway, but I find it hard to get too enthusiastic about cup competitions unless it's the latter stages or we draw a team we don't get to play very often.

3 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Veering into old man yells at cloud territory but it should be on the season book. 

I remember the days when one of my season tickets got me into two Scottish Cup ties and five UEFA Cup ties including a final. It didn't get me into any League Cup ties though, because we weren't drawn at home that season.

11 minutes ago, Lancashirearab said:

I remember the days when one of my season tickets got me into two Scottish Cup ties and five UEFA Cup ties including a final. It didn't get me into any League Cup ties though, because we weren't drawn at home that season.

UEFA Cup final on your season ticket is wild. 

13 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

UEFA Cup final on your season ticket is wild. 

If I remember it correctly,  my ticket cost me £50 that season and got me into every game at Tannadice.  United put the prices up for the Barcelona game  to £10 and the Borussia and Gothenburg games to £20 each.  The ticket was great value that year.

20 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

C'mon you Fruits, beat the Paisley, we want you bunch of morons in the next round.

Thank you.

Is that so you can try and end your Tannadice hoodoo before it goes in to its 20th year?

Thank you 😉

Edited by Sugar_Army

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

200.gif?cid=ff874017vt671sslwe2qidsdplz6

I struggle to get my head around why a United fan or any fan outside the old firm can't get up for the league cup. 

It is our 1 of 2 realistic chance of silverware. 

Why do you watch United? I'm not having a go, purely interested