Scottish Cup 2024/25

Threave vs Stranraer being changed to the Friday night is probably beneficial to both teams. Would guess we’ll now pick up a few extra spectators who will be elsewhere on the Saturday. 
Maybe no suit the players quite as much. 

On 01/10/2024 at 12:06, welshbairn said:

On 29/09/2024 at 20:49, GordonS said:

Locos v North End would be my pick. Locos are going well in the Highland League this season, North End are Midlands League champions and scudded Tranent in the last round (though by 21 fewer goals than their win over Whitehills the week before).

On 30/09/2024 at 09:12, Sir Tarmo said:

Not many obvious central belt games for them to show. I’d go with Inverurie vs North End

On 01/10/2024 at 17:23, welshbairn said:

Maybe a bit niche but Locos v North End would be an interesting indicator of how the top Midland sides might do in the Highland League. 

On 01/10/2024 at 19:25, Sir Tarmo said:

Inverurie vs North End would be an excellent game to have on. North End are Midlands champions, just won 25-0 and smoked Tranent in the last round. And Locos are doing well this season, despite their relatively poor Scottish Cup match. There’s a good story in that game.

On 01/10/2024 at 19:29, invergowrie arab said:

I can't see Lochee doing much against Peterhead but there is a story there with Dougie Cameron the Lochee manager playing over 100 games for Peterhead. Bobby Linn might also ping one in from 40 yards.

On 02/10/2024 at 08:06, TheScarf said:

Yeah Locos v North End is a clear stand out tie for anyone with football knowledge outwith the G postcode and is pick of the round for me.

2 hours ago, wickerman said:

Threave v Stranraer is live on the friday night

Northerners snubbed again...

Insufficiently "box office"?

9 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Northerners snubbed again...

Insufficiently "box office"?

Castle Douglas is a hike from the Central Belt so I'm not complaining, but they really need to get north of Aberdeen soon.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Castle Douglas is a hike from the Central Belt so I'm not complaining, but they really need to get north of Aberdeen soon.

And no way anybody could get there and back to that match by public transport to well anywhere.

On 29/09/2024 at 20:49, GordonS said:

Locos v North End would be my pick. Locos are going well in the Highland League this season, North End are Midlands League champions and scudded Tranent in the last round (though by 21 fewer goals than their win over Whitehills the week before).

Threave Rovers v Stranraer has a certain "local" appeal but it's hardly a derby, Motherwell and Raith Rovers are closer together than these two, and it's surely going to be one-sided anyway.

Stirling Albion must have too much for Bo'ness Athletic, but a shock isn't impossible here.

And from a strictly footballing point of view, it's surely EK v Bonnyrigg.

Was up at locos for the first time back the start of September for their game against forres Mechanics. Good set up and plenty bars on route and post match. 
If it wasn’t the weekend of my sons birthday is definitely headed up to this one 

On 04/10/2024 at 15:48, Mattmc said:

Threave vs Stranraer being changed to the Friday night is probably beneficial to both teams. Would guess we’ll now pick up a few extra spectators who will be elsewhere on the Saturday. 
Maybe no suit the players quite as much. 

For those relying on public transport the first bus back to Stranraer after the game is at 7 AM on Saturday 

21 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

For those relying on public transport the first bus back to Stranraer after the game is at 7 AM on Saturday 

Best make a weekend of it 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, not man of the match said:

Looking forward to the trip to Keith on Saturday, a tough but winnable tie for Bankies.

Very much depends on which Keith shows up, they've beaten promotion contenders Brora away this season but also got pumped 0-4 at home to lowly Lossiemouth.

Bankies will be big favourites though.