Scottish Cup 2024/25

Hawick Royal Albert at home, happy with that. Our first home draw since getting licensed. And while I won't ever take opposition lightly, this is definitely one of the better draws we could have had. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, realmadrid said:

It all starts tonight in Bo'ness , having been at last years final tonight wont need to try hard to be a better game and for a fraction of the price.

Good value for £7 so far. Opening goal was lovely. 

And you got to titter at Beith...tee-hee-heee 😊

In fairness to them, they lost four of their best f**kwits...Sorry (predictive text)...players during the summer.

We can have another laugh when Athletic hump the Buffs in the next round.

Still want the real Bo'ness to go further, though....

9 hours ago, Strathman said:

Culter deserved to win but 4-0 was harsh. 3 very late goals.  Mathers second goal was a cracker.

Agree, having seen Invergordon before and knowing the general quality in the NCL, I was surprised how well they were set up and soaked up Culter's pressure. Culter deserved the win, but 4-0 flattered them a bit. Really good setup at Crombie Park nowadays with a new enclosure and shipping container stand.

Edited by Cyclizine

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Cupar presumably have to flit if their pitch isn't enclosed e.g. Glenrothes, St Andrews or Thornton not home.

Suggested elsewhere it would be East Shore Park, Newburgh though the hosts have a game on that day as well...

20 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Suggested elsewhere it would be East Shore Park, Newburgh though the hosts have a game on that day as well...

I’m sure where the game is being played. Original plan was Newburgh but that has fallen through.

Won’t be St Andrews.

Just now, patriot1 said:

I’m sure where the game is being played. Original plan was Newburgh but that has fallen through.

Won’t be St Andrews.

Meant to say I’m NOT sure🤦🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, patriot1 said:

I’m not sure where the game is being played. Original plan was Newburgh but that has fallen through.

Won’t be St Andrews.

Glenrothes, Hill of Beath (away at Fort William), Lochgelly, or Thornton are the Fife options I can see though the additional fixtures are yet to be published for that date.

46 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Glenrothes, Hill of Beath (away at Fort William), Lochgelly, or Thornton are the Fife options I can see though the additional fixtures are yet to be published for that date.

Warout would be the best option as East Fife are at home that day

Unless Bayview on a Friday night appeals?

On 19/08/2024 at 18:43, HibeeJibee said:

Bo'ness Athletic-Kilwinning and Tynecastle-Glasgow Uni both Friday 30th due to clashes. Cupar presumably have to flit if their pitch isn't enclosed e.g. Glenrothes, St Andrews or Thornton not home.

On 19/08/2024 at 21:49, patriot1 said:

I’m not sure where the game is being played. Original plan was Newburgh but that has fallen through. Won’t be St Andrews.

On 19/08/2024 at 21:59, Ginaro said:

On 19/08/2024 at 23:34, invergowrie arab said:

Cupar is 20 minutes from Dundee. Hunners of grounds they could use. Downfield, East Craigie, North End, St James, Gussie. 

image.png.2eef6c67e724db33140e08306edbebfb.png

Confirmed for Glenrothes.

Tbh makes sense - big grandstand and straight down the road plus unlikely Hill of Beath or St Andrews would leave committee behind on Scottish Cup day to open up/etc.

EDIT: being a new town, presumably this represents the first-ever Scottish Cup tie in Scotland's 18th largest settlement, the only large place I suspect hasn't until now.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Is there a reliable list of PR2 fixtures with kickoff times online anywhere?

I can't find anything at all on the SFA website and the BBC football fixtures list has all ties (including the 2 Friday ones) showing as Saturday with 3pm kickoffs.

Pollok at least are publicising their game vs Darvel as kicking off at 2pm!

7 minutes ago, archieb said:

Is there a reliable list of PR2 fixtures with kickoff times online anywhere?

I can't find anything at all on the SFA website and the BBC football fixtures list has all ties (including the 2 Friday ones) showing as Saturday with 3pm kickoffs.

Pollok at least are publicising their game vs Darvel as kicking off at 2pm!

It turns out I can answer my own question!

The West of Scotland League website has all matches showing with what seem to be correct days and k.o. times, although the venues may be less than reliable (e.g. Cupar v Wigtown @Duffus Park rather than Warout).

https://www.wosfl.co.uk/matchHub/692125234/2_771701640/-1/-1/-1/year2024_month08_day31/-1/false.html