Scottish Cup 2024/25

What an excellent game of football. 

A massive well done to Threave who really had a go at it, played well and scared the hell out of Stranraer.

Extra fitness and experience did the job in the end for Stranraer. There was virtually no quality difference between the sides and a few sides higher up the pyramid might be looking a bit more at some of these Threave players.

Really good game.

Great entertainment. Gutted for Threave but they should be proud of that performance. 

Bloody missed the winning goal as I went to the kitchen to grab a beer for ET. Was really looking forward to another 30 minutes too.

Really good game. Threave were impressive and probably just needed to keep it at 2-0 a wee bit longer. Fair play to Stranraer, had players on the bench who could change the game, unlike Threave. A few of those young Threave players caught the eye though, I suspect clubs higher up will be keeping an eye on some of them. Irving, Downie and Officer in particular. 

Real shame for young Watson at the end. Spoke very well and he shouldn't allow losing his head there to overshadow the way he seems to be handling a terrible situation. 

Great to have these games on tele. For a long time the English were miles ahead of us in the way they covered the FA Cup and championed the lower levels. We're doing better in recent times. 

Edited by Waspie

25 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Harsh ending, did the ref want to get up the road quickly and avoid extra time?

Hope the young lad who got sent off is ok, he shouldn’t have motioned with his head even though he didn’t make contact, sending off seemed a bit over the top.

Lolwut?

Motioning your head like that is violent conduct.

I made a great choice going to that tonight. A classic example of the whole town coming out for their team in a big cup tie, and the team couldn't have given them any more. They were so confident on the ball and trusted their skills, they didn't let the opposition or the occasion get to them, and that's so hard to do. It'll hurt tonight but surely in time they'll be proud that they gave us a match we'll never forget.

20241025_193459.jpg

On 24/10/2024 at 16:00, An Absolute Imposter said:

Typical quality sports journalism, 'not missed training at Threave in over a year', strange considering young Charlie was at Star last season.

Broxburn fans will remember him as the scorer of that wonder goal just before half-time at the Islecroft in the playoff match.

An accomplished young footballer with an excellent onfield attitude.

On loan from Queen of the South......

Ten of Threave's starting eleven are ex-QoS youths (& 4 of the subs I think). Only Ross Irving ever played for our first team (& Sam Henderson sat unused on the bench) but they absolutely did themselves proud. They were worth their 2-0 lead and I think if they's held it for 10 minutes longer then they might have broken Stranraer. Their legs went after about 70 mins though. I actually fear they might have lost really heavily if it had gone to extra time with 10 men but they should be really proud of their first hour. Hopefully they can go on and win their league now.

Edited by Skyline Drifter