Germany - Scotland

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I cannot believe the comparisons of Paul Lambert to Deschamps or McGregor.

He was an elite player without being at the world class level Deschamps was. And he was a million miles ahead of McGregor.

There's a middle ground between the two.

I’d say Lambert at his best was probably world class. Certainly very close to it at least. His performances in the Champions League for that Dortmund side were huge, take him out and they just weren’t the same team.

McGregor is a very different type of player. He could absolutely fit in well playing regularly in one of the top 5 leagues but not close to the level of the other two mentioned.

Shots fired by the German manager. 'Good'?  Lets get these c***s pumped 

“Scotland have four or five good players and lots of players who have physicality. It’s a team that doesn’t have world stars but that makes them very dangerous

11 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Shots fired by the German manager. 'Good'?  Lets get these c***s pumped 

“Scotland have four or five good players and lots of players who have physicality. It’s a team that doesn’t have world stars but that makes them very dangerous

Not for me. I thought I'd hate the guy but to be fair Nagelsmann has come across pretty well in the media ahead of this game and has been complimentary towards Scotland and Clarke imo. I'm not that into that whole 'battle fever' thing that fans like to engage in. 

Edited by 2426255

This is why we all love football isn't it? I'm absolutely buzzing already. Obviously they are the favourites but we all know we have a chance to get a positive result.

Heart says a 4.0 win for us.

Head says a 3.1 win

My 7 year old has said on several occasions how he loves playing football but hates watching it, because it's boring (given his only exposure has been Firhill, can't really blame him).  He is very excited about staying up for this one though.  Either we get a positive result and this becomes that moment he talks about growing up as his first proper tournament and falling in love with watching Scotland, or the moment he's vindicated in thinking football's a bit shit to watch.  The battle for his very soul.

14 minutes ago, forameus said:

My 7 year old has said on several occasions how he loves playing football but hates watching it, because it's boring (given his only exposure has been Firhill, can't really blame him).  He is very excited about staying up for this one though.  Either we get a positive result and this becomes that moment he talks about growing up as his first proper tournament and falling in love with watching Scotland, or the moment he's vindicated in thinking football's a bit shit to watch.  The battle for his very soul.

I remember when Holland were at their peak one explanation was that far more Dutch played football than watched it, while in Scotland it was the reverse. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jun/14/fear-of-missing-out-scotland-fans-arrive-munich

"The alarm was raised at about 9am on Thursday. The Glasgow airport bar sponsored by Scotland’s most popular lager had run out of its core product.

The explanation has no link to some early rush towards summer holidays. On Friday in Munich, Scotland’s national football team will play their first European Championship game outside of the UK since 1992. The identity of the opposition for that 3-0 win on 18 June was the CIS, essentially the Soviet Union, which nods towards all that has transpired during the intervening years."

6 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jun/14/fear-of-missing-out-scotland-fans-arrive-munich

"The alarm was raised at about 9am on Thursday. The Glasgow airport bar sponsored by Scotland’s most popular lager had run out of its core product.

The explanation has no link to some early rush towards summer holidays. On Friday in Munich, Scotland’s national football team will play their first European Championship game outside of the UK since 1992. The identity of the opposition for that 3-0 win on 18 June was the CIS, essentially the Soviet Union, which nods towards all that has transpired during the intervening years."

Maybe struggling with words this morning but what is the relevance of Tennents at the airport running out of Tennents? And what was the explanation? 

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

You'll need to ask Ewan Murray.

ha okay. It is such an odd and random way to start a fluff piece - no segway in as far as I can work out. He might as well have started with:

"BEER. Scots love beer and drink a lot of TENNENT'S. That being said, on Friday in Munich, Scotland’s national football team will play their first European Championship game outside of the UK since 1992. The identity of the opposition for that 3-0 win on 18 June was the CIS, essentially the Soviet Union, which nods towards all that has transpired during the intervening years."

2 hours ago, tam the bud said:

7 pages and not 1 post by a fan of 2 certain clubs say it all. 

Bit your hand off for a point right now and hopefully tomorrow game also end up a draw. 

Well, that’s just not true, is it. Leave any club pish out of it during the tournament.

Biggest concerns for me is 1. How do we stop Kroos dominating the ball ? All the top teams in the world have tried and failed over the years. The guys an absolutely outstanding footballer and if we let him dictate play we are in bother.

2. Major concerns about the right hand side of our defence whether it’s Ralston, McCrorie or Hendry that plays there.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Biggest concerns for me is 1. How do we stop Kroos dominating the ball ? All the top teams in the world have tried and failed over the years. The guys an absolutely outstanding footballer and if we let him dictate play we are in bother.

2. Major concerns about the right hand side of our defence whether it’s Ralston, McCrorie or Hendry that plays there.

For number 1, I think you just need the stars to align a bit and hope he has an off night while whoever gets the nod for us are right at it.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Well, that’s just not true, is it. Leave any club pish out of it during the tournament.

I looked at 7 pages and saw no posts from 2 teams fans.

Sorry for being wrong.