Big Team Found!

johnnydun

Who is your 'other' team in the tournament?

What's the reason?

Live there? Family? Club football affiliation? Like the style of play?....

I have a few other teams I would like to do well once Scotland get papped out.

Club affiliation means I have a soft spot for Denmark, Georgia and Italy, I also enjoy Italy's way of shit festing games. Really enjoy Germany's playing style.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Who is your 'other' team in the tournament?

What's the reason?

Live there? Family? Club football affiliation? Like the style of play?....

I have a few other teams I would like to do well once Scotland get papped out.

Club affiliation means I have a soft spot for Denmark, Georgia and Italy, I also enjoy Italy's way of shit festing games. Really enjoy Germany's playing style.

Albania, I could see it from my hotel in Corfu last month.

I’d love to see a diddy nation do the business.  International football success is dominated by a select few, so seeing the prima donnas of England/ France/ Portugal/ Germany fail with Czech Republic/ Georgia/ Turkey/ Romania doing the business would be incredible.

Great for all ‘smaller’ countries and give hope to the rest of us. 

I’m only supporting Scotland. I like watching Italy and seeing them keep possession and frustrate the life out teams, and I’m interested to see how Portugal and Germany do at this tournament. They are the pair I‘ve backed to get to the final. Think they might meet in the semis.

Edited by Scary Bear

38 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m only supporting Scotland. I like watching Italy and seeing them keep possession and frustrate the life out teams, and I’m interested to see how Portugal and Germany do at this tournament. They are the pair I‘ve backed to get to the final. Think they might meet in the semis.

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

France. Liked them for years and unless I have a bet on someone else, I'll always want them to win it. 

These two.

Germany. Loved them since WC90 due to Jurgen Klinsmann and the fact that they had a big jaggy red, yellow and black stripe across their strip.

Mon eh Jags.

Germany. Loved watching their 70s, 80s teams - Muller, Kaiser Franz, Berti etc, especially when they beat England. And their 2014 World Cup winning side sometimes wore Rob Roy jerseys

I'll be backing anyone who encounters England or Portugal, unless they meet, and then I'll be backing the diving, cheating, shithousing kernts in red rather than those in white.

Edited by Boo Khaki

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I've been to every country in this Euros and lived in five of them.

Albania is the answer.

My Dad was shot at in Albania.

I cannot support them.

Spoiler

They missed.

Italy. First proper football memories are from Spain 82 and loving the Italian kit and Paulo Rossi. With Scotland having long periods of non qualifying or early exiting, I’ve always had 2 or 3 other teams to follow to give me some skin in the game at a tournament. Netherlands would be my back up choice.