What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

The Reform number is an outlier at the moment...they would need over 15% to even win a seat anywhere.

Not sure if they will stand aside for the Tories this time..but they will still damage the overall Tory vote.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/dec/10/wes-streeting-nhs-uses-winter-crisis-excuse-more-money-labour

Speaking on a visit to Singapore, Wes Streeting said the health service needs to accept “money is tight”, and that it must rethink how the care it provides could be better value for money for the taxpayer.

I always think it's funny when politicians talk about money being tight whilst in exotic places. 

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/dec/10/wes-streeting-nhs-uses-winter-crisis-excuse-more-money-labour

I always think it's funny when politicians talk about money being tight whilst in exotic places. 

Although Streeting’s exotic places aren’t tight because US healthcare firms have rammed a load of cash up them

https://inwhoseinterests.uk/2022/06/08/hedge-fund-labour-why-is-the-party-of-the-nhs-now-receiving-money-from-private-health-investors/comment-page-1/

ETA - the mention of Cigna in there should cause alarm as they’re fucking odious even by American standards - https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2023/11/24/cigna-denies-vanderbilt-lung-transplant-for-cancer-patient/71678533007/

Edited by carpetmonster

I realise this is like asking folk to look out for a single strand of straw in a haystack, but I saw an article yesterday where a Labour spokesman was castigating something the Tories were doing, only to admit that they probably wouldn't change it when in power. Anyone know the thing I'm talking about, or is this just way too vague?

Such a bizarre strategy. Wish you could get away with that at job interviews.

On 17/12/2023 at 15:42, GHF-23 said:

Leaving aside the matter of NHS reform I think it's really weird that the presumptive next Health Secretary engages with the public by attempting to demean people concerned with his policies on Twitter

and another one for big Wes there taking the "sceptical voters and the general public must be disciplined" approach to public relations.

Anyway what's with that uptick just before you left office and what were your party's plans to reverse that because I remember quite a similar "cut it all to the bone" line coming from his party's candidates for half of the big scary line goes up period there

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Merry Xmas from me and my enormous fucking Hulk hands. Look at them. They’re the size of basketballs. I can throttle five puppies in each without blinking. Sunak’s hands are tiny. I am the man with the hands. Hands. 

IMG_3610.thumb.jpeg.15ecd677becd74cafd84c74777adec46.jpeg

He would crush tiny hands Trump in a handshake.

Whats with the 'Traditional' at the start of that tweet, a strange turn of phrase for me. Is the drink traditional or is drinking with his neighbours in his local the tradition? So many questions.

18 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Merry Xmas from me and my enormous fucking Hulk hands. Look at them. They’re the size of basketballs. I can throttle five puppies in each without blinking. Sunak’s hands are tiny. I am the man with the hands. Hands. 

IMG_3610.thumb.jpeg.15ecd677becd74cafd84c74777adec46.jpeg

The least he could do if she's going to pretend they're still together after the affair is wear his wedding ring