Scottish Cup Draws

It's not the easiest draw for Talbot again but at least it's another "proper" team from the LL and that should make it a good football occasion just as yesterday was. The likes of Albion Rovers and Broxburn in the LL are interesting opponents I'd look forward to playing regularly if we were in there too. Better than some of the shell clubs we now face in the WOS anyway. 

You'd think Broxburn will bring a few through for this and it should have a good East v West Junior Cup tie feel. 

1 hour ago, ATFC said:

It's not the easiest draw for Talbot again but at least it's another "proper" team from the LL and that should make it a good football occasion just as yesterday was. The likes of Albion Rovers and Broxburn in the LL are interesting opponents I'd look forward to playing regularly if we were in there too. Better than some of the shell clubs we now face in the WOS anyway. 

You'd think Broxburn will bring a few through for this and it should have a good East v West Junior Cup tie feel. 

We played Linlithgow Rose in the South Challenge Cup last year and it was one of my favourite games of the season. A proper game. 

12 hours ago, ATFC said:

Looks a tasty encounter.

Clydebank should be too strong for Keith.

Threave v Stranraer is an intriguing one as said above too.Fantastic local derby!

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Looks a tasty encounter.

Threave v Stranraer is an intriguing one as said above too.Fantastic local derby!

It's a cracking occasion for Threave. I'm not sure how many games they've had against the teams from that part of the world in national competitions but it must be something akin to Talbot drawing Ayr. 

I'd be very surprised if Clydebank don't beat a team that's third from bottom of the HL but you never know.

On 28/09/2024 at 19:52, Stormrelic said:

Well Carluke gave a good account of themselves against last season's highland league champions losing to a 93rd min winner for Buckie ,Not bad for a wosfl 4th division side .I'm well proud of the effort from the boys today .

Quite right too.

1 hour ago, ATFC said:

It's a cracking occasion for Threave. I'm not sure how many games they've had against the teams from that part of the world in national competitions but it must be something akin to Talbot drawing Ayr. 

I'd be very surprised if Clydebank don't beat a team that's third from bottom of the HL but you never know.

I hope we get past them, spoke to Nicky Low they’re already looking at them and taking the game seriously, although they are near the bottom of the HL most of their games have been against the stronger teams like Brechin etc so far so perhaps the league position is a bit artificial given the number of games played. We could do with getting a decent earner in a wee cup run, would love to get a premier team away if we were lucky enough to get through to round 4 as the money would set us up for a couple years. Im pretty confident that we could (and i think Talbot could too) compete with any of the league 2 teams no bother and theres a decent amount of the league 1 teams there for the taking too. Hopefully someone from the wosl gets an upset this year because its good for raising the commercial value of the league as a whole. Really exciting season. 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I hope we get past them, spoke to Nicky Low they’re already looking at them and taking the game seriously, although they are near the bottom of the HL most of their games have been against the stronger teams like Brechin etc so far so perhaps the league position is a bit artificial given the number of games played. We could do with getting a decent earner in a wee cup run, would love to get a premier team away if we were lucky enough to get through to round 4 as the money would set us up for a couple years. Im pretty confident that we could (and i think Talbot could too) compete with any of the league 2 teams no bother and theres a decent amount of the league 1 teams there for the taking too. Hopefully someone from the wosl gets an upset this year because its good for raising the commercial value of the league as a whole. Really exciting season. 

Be a bit of a shock if we don't win. I get there are easier draws we could have got, but it could also have been a lot worse. They lost 3 -0 to Inverurie the other week, who didn't look any great shakes when we played them a couple of months ago.  

3 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Looks a tasty encounter.

Did you not play them in the Cup a couple of seasons ago ?

29 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Be a bit of a shock if we don't win. I get there are easier draws we could have got, but it could also have been a lot worse. They lost 3 -0 to Inverurie the other week, who didn't look any great shakes when we played them a couple of months ago.  

The travel adds a degree of trepidation but from memory Clydebank travel quite well. Can't recall you losing away to Highland sides very often. 

Outside of friendlies and exhibition matches, and without checking history, this could be the first time Threave and Stranraer have met competitively.

I can't imagine 2 Galloway clubs have played against one another in the Scottish. So should be a massive occasion, hopefully fully covered by the local press and Border TV.

I haven't seen any players or staff as yet; imagine they are all buzzing.

They are a confident bunch of players so will not be feart of the tie. Of course their full focus is getting promotion this season after narrowly missing out last.

The results the club has had since the move has shown there is the talent and drive down here in the forgotten county.

Should be a massive occasion. 

4 minutes ago, ATFC said:

Clearly we all process disappointment differently and I have suppressed the memory on this one.

It was a dreadful day at Formartine last season.Howling gale,crap pitch and we lost a couple of horrendous goals.

They had a couple of boys on loan from Aberdeen who were decent but weren’t really up to much.

Its cup football,anything can happen!