πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

15 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Oh okay, maybe not so bad. Any idea what the final score would be if both get a season's best?

No idea tbh. Decent first throw by KJT , I'm off to bed now. Hopefully it starts pishing down before Thiam throws.

Just now, sparky88 said:

I think KJT has basically won this unless Thiam has been working on her 800m

She is 818 points ahead at the moment, if Thiam throws 52.04 or better that she is well capable of she would score 900+ points.

Sam Freedman reckons KJT will get about 100 points more than Thiam in the 800 metres. If Thiam throws anything high 50’s in the javelin that should send the gold medal back to Belgium. Low 50’s and it’ll be very tight.Β 

13 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Seems a bit odd that the leaders are throwing at separate times. As peasy23 said, you could easily have a situation where there are they are throwing in quite different conditions.

Yeah. I know they have to do it in pools to avoid excessive gaps between an athlete’s attempts, but they should be having the top 10-12 athletes in the final group.Β 

28 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Two Americans running almost Olympic records in the women’s high hurdles semis while jogging over the line…

Β 

They are taking the piss

Just heard one of the Eurosport commentators describing one of the kayak teams asΒ quietly going about their business.

I’d love to know what the f**k that means in the context of paddling down a river.

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Seems a bit odd that the leaders are throwing at separate times. As peasy23 said, you could easily have a situation where there are they are throwing in quite different conditions.

They group them for all the events based on their season's best time/distance/height etc. It just emphasizes the difference between KJT and Thiam when it comes to the javelin. It also meant Thiam had an extra bit of recovery time between events.

Edited by peasy23