πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

We were talking about the Olympic golf today at the football and what could be done to improve the format.Β 

The consensus was that it should be a 4 man Texas scramble, but every team has to have someone with an 18 handicap or higher, and 10 of his tee shots have to be used.

Tempted with team foresomes as a genuine solution. 72 hole stroke play like every other week gets a bit repetitive.

Football should be futsal and/or beach football

Aye the golf is boring. I would go for something along the lines of:

Β 

Teams of 8 (4 men, 4 women)

Β 

Every match is best of 5 (Mixed fourball, mens foursome, womens foursome, mens singles and womens singles)

Β 

Every player plays in every match. But you can swap around who plays singles/fourballs/foursomes from match to matchΒ 

Β 

Group stages and then a knockout, spanning the full two weeks of the OlympicsΒ 

5 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Aye the golf is boring. I would go for something along the lines of:

Β 

Teams of 8 (4 men, 4 women)

Β 

Every match is best of 5 (Mixed fourball, mens foursome, womens foursome, mens singles and womens singles)

Β 

Every player plays in every match. But you can swap around who plays singles/fourballs/foursomes from match to matchΒ 

Β 

Group stages and then a knockout, spanning the full two weeks of the OlympicsΒ 

In fact I’d do something similar in the Les Dennis as wellΒ 

It's the mens 100m today, the blue ribband event.

Britain has two sprinters in the semi-final, Louie Hinchcliffe who has done amazingly in his debut season and Zharnel Hughes, who took a bronze in the World Championships last year.Β  Hinchcliffe won his heat, beating world champion Noah Lyles, but it would be a sensation if he managed to get to the final and make a challenge.

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Britain has two sprinters in the semi-final, Louie Hinchcliffe who has done amazingly in his debut season and Zharnel Hughes, who took a bronze in the World Championships last year.Β  Hinchcliffe won his heat, beating world champion Noah Lyles, but it would be a sensation if he managed to get to the final and make a challenge.

Thats taking the biscuit.

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Do you mean the blue ribbon event? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

What do you suppose goes through the minds of the horses during this dressage shite?

I hope that bitch with the whip isn’t around.Β 

On 01/08/2024 at 21:40, Jambomo said:

I don’t see how they can claim that, the article states it’s on the IOC’s own website that they failed the test and it was done and they were banned last year.Β 

is Khelif a woman? Maybe, I don’t know, I think intersex or a condition that essentially leads them to be intersex is probably more accurate.

The key is actually none of us knows, because it was tested and there are results that suggest not but only the medics, sports boards and Khelif know those results.Β 

Β 

I actually am going to apologise for saying this. I got into a debate and got annoyed which led me into stating things that on reflection I actually don’t think.

Khelif is a woman. She was born that and identifies as that, so I was wrong to say I didn’t know her gender, in that regards. She’s also not done anything wrong through this whole thing, she is just being the person she is, I feel sorry for her that she’s been brought into this debate.

I do feel though, that there is still some questions to be answered about those people who have both male and female sex characteristics and how this is reflected in sport, which has long been defined in biological sex categories. The debate though, is much more difficult and complex than β€œIs this a man and is this a woman?”

There is a section of men in society that I think have the desire to say β€œDon’t even ask the question on this or you are bigots” to women. I strongly suspect this is not because they care about any of the athletes in question. That’s why I got annoyed, because I felt the arguments here were taking that turn.

Anyway, I felt bad about what I wrote and so I wanted Β to say that.Β