Falkirk Vs Queens Park

Just now, starshot131 said:

Oh and for all you Falkirk fans talking about physicality, QP were probably the least physical team over the last couple of years in the championship. Just wait until Dougie Imrie's thugs get their hands on yous, you'll think we're saints

It was very obvious tonight that Baron Haughey has his claws into the referees.

Thankfully we had the quality to overcome it.

2 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Will they dive as much as you as well?

I'll admit Rudden had an outrageous dive, which I didn't appreciate, but generally I think queens were pretty clean today. Sneddon's an arse, but he's certainly not biased in favour of anyone. Last year we were 2-0 up against thistle and he managed to get them two set piece goals in the last half hour for the square route of hee haw.

Pleased with that tonight - still a bit of a makeshift team but dominated the first half.  MacIver was brilliant, Spencer and the CBs solid.   Morrison really not at his best and I felt Adams probably had the weakest game so far; I felt he got caught out of position a few times.  Will def welcome Nesbitt back.

Second half we drifted a bit.  QP were pretty ropey all night - some of their passing was really bad and Rudden is somehow done as a footballer in his mid-20s.  Seems really lacking in mobility.

And that ref, omfg.  He was buying the diving from QP every single f**king time.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Great to get off to a winning start when we weren't at our best and with Nesbitt out. Think tonight was always going to be slightly nervy with first game back in championship, flag unfurling, BBC there etc. thought QP were poor and we should have been further ahead at HT.

Still creating plenty of chances but the lack of composure in the final passes and shots needs improved.  Thought Hogarth was solid tonight as were the defence.

Think we might play a lot better next week away at Dunfermline.

A lot of positives ti take from tonight. Very well said. I think the majority of falkirk sides over the last 15 years ( including some with better players) would have gotten a draw at best tonight

we also had the highest attendance in scotland tonight

its good to be back baby!

4 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

I'll admit Rudden had an outrageous dive, which I didn't appreciate, but generally I think queens were pretty clean today. Sneddon's an arse, but he's certainly not biased in favour of anyone. Last year we were 2-0 up against thistle and he managed to get them two set piece goals in the last half hour for the square route of hee haw.

As soon as there was any chance of you being beaten to the ball, inevitably the players went to ground and feigned injury.  Pathetic that you need to resort to that.

7 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

I honestly don’t think any of them are biased but far too many are just honking

4 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

A lot of positives ti take from tonight. Very well said. I think the majority of falkirk sides over the last 15 years ( including some with better players) would have gotten a draw at best tonight

we also had the highest attendance in scotland tonight

its good to be back baby!

It's not that long ago we were nursing a years long record of not winning on opening day

1 minute ago, spratte said:

I honestly don’t think any of them are biased but far too many are just honking

Welcome to Scotland
imo state of refereeing in this country allows dirty teams to exist, which means we can't progress good passing football, too caught up outmuscling the opposition.
I sometimes wonder what would have happened had Messi sprung up in a Scottish academy- how long before he had both legs broken

The biggest positive for me tonight was that we were really pretty comfortable whilst knowing that there is so much more to come from that team.

QP were as expected though it’s shocking to see how far Rudden has regressed as a player.

McIver was outstanding and his footwork leading up to the top corner strike was exceptional, would have been goal of the season.

Never been Alfie’s biggest fan but he looked a real threat when he came on.

Only dark cloud was the injury to Donaldson, got to hope it’s only a niggle.

Looking forward to next Saturday now.

6 hours ago, starshot131 said:

I sometimes wonder what would have happened had Messi sprung up in a Scottish academy- how long before he had both legs broken

He'd have been released for being too small

Thought we were good last night without being anything special. MacIver, Spencer and Hogarth probably the standouts. 

Unfortunately I missed the first goal last night. Came back from the toilet with my son to see MacIver going in on goal, the shot being saved. Turned round and started walking upstairs only to hear the roar and folk getting out their seats 🤣

Brilliant goal from Thomas to equalise, nothing anybody can do about the strike but good to hit back immediately. 

Not going to comment on the ref other than to say he's an arse. Collum wannabe, out to make a name for himself and thinks he's better than he is. Some genuinely baffling decisions. 

Edited by FK1Bairn

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

If I were setting up to beat Falkirk, I'd aim for physicality and rough stuff. 

Point was though, where we were playing last season bears no relevance whatsoever. The way to disrupt midfielders like Tait and Spencer from running games which they absolutely can do, is to get right in their faces. We absolutely will face that this season, owing to the fact that its a pretty obvious way to go 

You will certainly face that at Crappielow where good football goes to die.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

8 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Not for us tonight obviously, but it’s a shame what Zak Rudden has become as a player. He was a massive shining light in a dogshit Falkirk team, scoring 12 goals at this level as an 18 year old. Thought he’d kick on and at least become maybe a bottom end Premiership striker. However, he was honking tonight and has been the last few times I’ve watched him. Runs about a lot, but totally ineffectual.

He looks fine against L1 opposition but I'm beginning to think that might be his level, (hoping he proves me wrong).  

He never seems to be in the right place, despite his physical presence he couldn't hold the ball up at all, which meant that rarely could he bring McGregor and Turner into play.  As for his shots, the less said the better.  The rolling around in the box in the second half was, as a QP fan, embarrassing.  If he can't replace Paton's goals, which is looking increasingly unlikely and he can't bring team-mates into play like Simon Murray did, I'm beginning to struggle to see his relevance.

44 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

He looks fine against L1 opposition but I'm beginning to think that might be his level, (hoping he proves me wrong).  

He never seems to be in the right place, despite his physical presence he couldn't hold the ball up at all, which meant that rarely could he bring McGregor and Turner into play.  As for his shots, the less said the better.  The rolling around in the box in the second half was, as a QP fan, embarrassing.  If he can't replace Paton's goals, which is looking increasingly unlikely and he can't bring team-mates into play like Simon Murray did, I'm beginning to struggle to see his relevance.

“he looks fine against league one opposition” Has he ever played in league one? To my knowledge he’s only ever played for premiership or championship sides? 

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

“he looks fine against league one opposition” Has he ever played in league one? To my knowledge he’s only ever played for premiership or championship sides? 

Law of averages.  He's looked posh against His and you boys, looked ok against Elgin

45 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Law of averages.  He's looked posh against His and you boys, looked ok against Elgin

He didn’t look ok against Elgin.  He looked headless, same as he did last night.

9 hours ago, ALJAGS76 said:

"I suppose that’s what it’s going to be like this season - dodging hammer throwers."

He seemed to be implying that there are numerous unskilled, physical teams that are going to try to disrupt Falkirk's total football, that seemed more like the chat from a team relegated from the premiership than one just promoted from league one. Mibbe I've just picked him up wrong?

Simply what we've come up against when playing championship sides in the cups in recent years.