Seagull Appreciation/ Condemnation Thread

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Just as much right to be here as us imo. If you think seagulls* are 'infesting' an area, how would describe what humans are doing?

My P4 teacher always went to great lengths to deride anyone who used this term as there is no such bird.

^^^ Bunch of seagulls in a raincoat.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

My P4 teacher always went to great lengths to deride anyone who used this term as there is no such bird.

7 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Page 3 and nobody's pointed out that there's no such thing as a seagull.

FFS P&B

Oh Ned.

Living in Aberdeen I saw a fair few seagull incidents.

Saw on peck a pigeon to death and then eat it. Also had one fly at me to steal my sandwich I was eating on Belmount Street.

Probably one of the main things I don't miss about Aberdeen. The area I live in has a lot less of them and the ones that you do see tend to be quiet. There is something about Aberdeen seagulls that are just incredibly noisy.

Easter road was crazy for them on Saturday 

Managed to get my missus ( fifer) to call them scurries all the time now it's my finest moment since living in fife 😎

3 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Living in Aberdeen I saw a fair few seagull incidents.

Saw on peck a pigeon to death and then eat it. Also had one fly at me to steal my sandwich I was eating on Belmount Street.

Probably one of the main things I don't miss about Aberdeen. The area I live in has a lot less of them and the ones that you do see tend to be quiet. There is something about Aberdeen seagulls that are just incredibly noisy.

That's one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life. 

But aye, the seagulls up this way are horrendous.

Went to the toastie shack in St Andrews last week, ordered a Mac'N'Cheese toastie.

Got one bite of it (glorious) and then the seagulls got it in what can only be described as a co-ordinated attack involving at least four of them. There was a scout and a decoy placed infront of us and two dive bombers attacking from the rear. Was mildly impressed with the tactics and execution of the maneuver, after the rage had died down.  Eating it in the car next time. 

4 hours ago, Rizzo said:

I'm pro gull.

We have herring and lesser black-blacked gulls nesting on the neighbours roof and aside from doing a wee show of swooping at us when their chicks are wee they're not any bother. We also get the wee black headed gulls too but I never see where they nest.

Sure both species are red/amber listed so always sad to see folk calling for culls.

In the poorer neighbourhoods,  statistically speaking......

Anyway, in Aberdeen they're awful and absolutely massive. I appreciate that we've taken their food source, so I am a bit torn when I condemn them, but they're terrible. Eating outside is impossible and they're bloodthirsty b*****ds.  It's only a matter of time before they start being culled to protect people and other birds. 

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

Went to the toastie shack in St Andrews last week, ordered a Mac'N'Cheese toastie.

Shame on you.

Doesn't matter if it was world renowned for being the Universe's best macaroni cheese, I'd still turn it down on principle.

I genuinely do this if the menu says MnC, even if I'm in the mood for macaroni cheese.  🫣

One shat on my hard hat at work recently. 

p***ks. 

Note that I don't decry their right ro exist, so they can't decry my right to consider them p***ks. 

See also, wasps 

I will happily condemn seagulls whenever I can. We need to declare war on them like the Australians did on the emus, but also learn from the Aussies’ mistakes re: underestimating them.