Depressed Dunfermline v Bouyant Bairns

9 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Mehmet, Breen, Benedictus, KRH, Chalmers, Wighton, McCann - all in with a fair shout of starting on Saturday and they've either regressed or spent a fair amount of time injured since League one. Edwards has obviously gone. This is nothing like the team or squad that last played Falkirk, neither physically, technically or mentally. 

I'd be stunned if it's anything other than a comfortable Falkirk victory. That said, it's incredible the amount of confidence being aired in public from the Falkirk support, both in terms of this match and the wider Championship race. That's normally not a good thing... 

Ermmm nearly every single Falkirk fan is going 'this will be not be as easy as the Pars keep saying'.

The only people being confident of what the result will be are the Pars!

11 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Mehmet, Breen, Benedictus, KRH, Chalmers, Wighton, McCann - all in with a fair shout of starting on Saturday and they've either regressed or spent a fair amount of time injured since League one. Edwards has obviously gone. This is nothing like the team or squad that last played Falkirk, neither physically, technically or mentally. 

I'd be stunned if it's anything other than a comfortable Falkirk victory. That said, it's incredible the amount of confidence being aired in public from the Falkirk support, both in terms of this match and the wider Championship race. That's normally not a good thing... 

Likewise the Falkirk team that started the last game between us is completely different now

Only Donaldson, Morrison and one of Nesbitt or Oliver will start on Saturday from the 11 below as most of the rest have left the club 

Our team has significantly improved since then but I don't think any Falkirk fan is under the illusion this will be anything other than a tough game 

Screenshot2024-08-06at12_20_31.thumb.png.8a97ca9f32d09a59a3f72926df5f0578.png

21 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Heading along to this one, looking forward to it. 

Falkirk will be favourites due to recent form of both sides. But with Dunfermline having home advantage, it’s a derby….not quite a forgone conclusion that most will tell you. 

3-1 Falkirk I will go for. 

Sorry mate, gave you a reddie in error.

On 04/08/2024 at 10:47, Salvo Montalbano said:

Honestly, if Falkirk don't win this convincingly then I'd be asking questions of McGlynn and wondering if maybe a top half finish is the best that can be achieved. We can't defend very well, we have zero creativity in the midfield and don't look like we'll score a goal from open play. 

Our best (only?) hope is that McGlynn has his usual brain fart against us and overcomplicates things. Maybe swapping full backs round or changing shape for no reason. We were actually reasonable in the first half without really troubling the scoreboard at Almondvale so maybe if Falkirk take a bit of time getting used to some unneeded tinkering and we can get an early goal (no laughing at the back) then we have a chance, but otherwise I can only see one outcome.

Aye wasn't much in the first game apart from us being a bit more clinical up front. 2nd game Dunfermline shaded it first half but again nothing from either team in the final third, 2nd half though we breezed it.

From what i saw of Falkirk they come at you really fast from the off and press like buggery, i fear the Pars may get swept away first half and just collapse. Would be FAF if you won though, with the high expectation on Falkirk walking this.

This could really prove to be the last stand for McPake before the fans truly turn on him. I sympathise with him to a degree because he has been hung out to dry by the board in terms of backing. But he also wanted to extend or sign several of the players who either aren't good enough or who have a poor injury record. Also his style of play is abysmal and there's nothing to suggest that will ever change. 

Falkirk have undoubtedly come a long way since that league 1 season whereas we've largely stagnated/arguably become worse. it'll be intriguing to see if that's reflected on Saturday. 

I'll go 3-1 Falkirk but if we defend as we've done recently that could be much worse 

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye wasn't much in the first game apart from us being a bit more clinical up front. 2nd game Dunfermline shaded it first half but again nothing from either team in the final third, 2nd half though we breezed it.

From what i saw of Falkirk they come at you really fast from the off and press like buggery, i fear the Pars may get swept away first half and just collapse. Would be FAF if you won though, with the high expectation on Falkirk walking this*.

*from everyone else but us.

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

*from everyone else but us.

Is there any of you thinking you'll not win, even the ones a bit apprehensive about being hot favourites are still predicting wins.

Always a wee worry in the back of your mind when even the opposition think they've no chance though, football likes to throw in an unexpected result now and again.

6 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

must be a big incentive for Falkirk and its Fans, could spark major unrest in the pars support

Think that ship sailed some time ago.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Let's just see how things go. Yes we are flying and the pars are all a bit meh at the moment but in these games players can find that wee bit extra. I think the majority of Falkirk fans will take any sort of win and as I understand, McGlynns record isn't the best at East End?

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

No way will this be a walkover for us. The crowd, the atmosphere, players rise to matches like this. 

Pars players who were dugshite last week will fine a bit extra for this match. It'll be far, far closer than folk are making out. 

You haven’t seen that we’re really struggling to shift tickets for this one. Not sure walking out to a half empty home end is going to inspire anyone other than Falkirk.

17 hours ago, Markpar said:

He got MOTM.

From Michael Stewart who is employed to use his spoon to mix shit up, he will never be quoted to go into management for a reason.

17 hours ago, Markpar said:

It’s all perception at this point.

I’m genuinely not worried about your mob

If we turn up we should turn you over.

Anyways, I’m away back to my life now. 

Down the pars!!

Seems to be the general consensus 

You are making Hamilton look professional 

I'm not Uber confident but on paper we are favourites but the same happened with your lot favourites at home inour relegation season and we turned you over. 

I don't think the pars are as bad as we were then but it shows what can happen.

I'd guess every team that plays us will have our invincible tag mentioned too, they will all want to be the first to beat us.

I watched the Livvy highlights and from highlights it wasn't as bad as I expected, but the defence is really keystone cops and I think the ref gave you the pen through sympathy, never a pen 

27 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

You haven’t seen that we’re really struggling to shift tickets for this one. Not sure walking out to a half empty home end is going to inspire anyone other than Falkirk.

Really I thought the Pars fans would want to attend even if it is just to hurl abuse at the manager and board like we did a few years back. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

The Pars fan on the Falkirk Daft podcast said you guys have shifted nearly 4,000 season tickets already, so even if you only have 1,000 walk ups that's still a very decent home crowd, especially given the turmoil within the club at the moment.

For the Falkirk end we have about 200 tickets left in the newly released section, then if these sell, its down to the front 4 rows to be released only.

In terms of the debate on Falkirk fans expecting a win, the only reason I am thinking this is based largely on the content I've been reading on the Pars thread!

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

No way will this be a walkover for us. The crowd, the atmosphere, players rise to matches like this

Didn't help us in 5 of the 6 games v Raith last season...

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Also, are the Sheffield United bad boys going to be around to throw a couple of bins and smash some cafe windows?

Probably not, will they not be torching some hotel or looting some cosmetic shops?

We have every right to be confident of our team just now but like others, I don’t expect this to be as easy as some of the Pars fans are making out. I expect they’ll be up for this and will try and frustrate us.

47 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Didn't help us in 5 of the 6 games v Raith last season...

TBF, while that record is abysmal and was a real sore point, there was maybe 1 or 2 games that Raith really ran away with it, and the rest of those games there wasn't much in it save for a moment or two of real quality that made the difference. 

I stand by what I've said before. Regardless of the result, we WILL be poor to watch. Doesn't mean we can't shitfest it a bit and eek out a point or 3, just means a loss is far more likely.

Edited by Andriy_Parmolenko