Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Have the Rovers tried asking The Man from Del Monte?

Now that would (woood) be a bit of a peach!🫣

Edited by embow

3 hours ago, mealsonwheels said:

Christ Almighty it'll take as long as it takes! 

Don't forget it's no different from any other job! You don't just walk from one job into another. Also why would we share information when it may not be concluded. Remember the McManus incident all those years back!

Football employment world is not just like any other job.

Football and other jobs you indeed can just walk into another job, I'd say in football it's normal for being tapped up before the person in the job has left.

I think we sacked Davie Clarke after one game but that was in the days of no transfer windows, taking that into consideration you'd think you'd want someone in sooner than later with Raith still having money to burn.

6 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Suggestions from Carlisle that you have asked for permission to speak to their manager.

Aye right. Paul Simpson is building a decent squad with the backing of the very wealthy new owners. You are either talking shite or someone else is. I'd have him at raith in a heartbeat but it'll never happen.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Aye right. Paul Simpson is building a decent squad with the backing of the very wealthy new owners. You are either talking shite or someone else is. I'd have him at raith in a heartbeat but it'll never happen.

why not raith are a bigger club and money speaks

9 hours ago, MrDust said:

Football employment world is not just like any other job.

Football and other jobs you indeed can just walk into another job, I'd say in football it's normal for being tapped up before the person in the job has left.

I think we sacked Davie Clarke after one game but that was in the days of no transfer windows, taking that into consideration you'd think you'd want someone in sooner than later with Raith still having money to burn.

Id disagree, You have contracts with terms and conditions just like any other contract. As in any other contract you can discuss your exit from a position at a monitory value ie: no notice period. 

The same can be done with a football manager but there still has to be discussions in and around the position. Relocation, discussions with said's family etc. This all takes time!

27 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

i suggest their is a difference between league 2 in england an championship in scotland.

There's a big difference.

The TV and sponsorship revenues English league 2 clubs receive blow the Scottish Championship out of the water.

If Carlisle were to join the Scottish league they'd be the sixth or seventh biggest club.

23 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

i suggest their is a difference between league 2 in england an championship in scotland.

Genuinely curious in what way. Historically we've seen players from this league struggle in League 2 in England. Reghan Tumilty, Jack Hamilton, Jake Hastie etc all went to Hartlepool and sunk like a brick in that side with Paul Hartley. Average attendances are higher, prize money is more balanced than we have here and standard of player is probably a bit higher too, certainly paid more in England. Thats not belittling our game here, but i'm not seeing anything that suggests our league and club is bigger than clubs there by many metrics. 

24 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

Correct, but it's not in favour of Scotland. The clubs down in England at league two level have far more financial clout given the deals in place and when you factor in the crowds and facilities clubs will have then it's a no brainer. 

If anyone comes up from England, they'll have been out of work as opposed to coming from a club.