Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

They've came close to appointing two people, one of whom had agreed terms before then getting cold feet. For all people can question the wisdom of sacking Murray, there's very little that can be done when you get to the latter stages and then there's a change. 

Had we kept Murray and had the same start, there would've been folk calling for his head.

They probably stumbled over the video of creepy Barrowman extending Murray's deal and said, feck that! 

5 hours ago, Been going too long said:

How long do you wait though?

To be fair, the way things are going in Kirkcaldy they could get to this stage next season without a “head of football operations” and folk would still be giving it the “I am happy the board are taking time to appoint the right person”.

Not sure if Scott Fleming posts on here but would be interested to know where the confidence about Barry Robson came from for the message read out on the Big Scottish Football Podcast.  Unless of course he was just at it to see if they'd actually read it out.

For what it's worth I wouldn't be upset if it was Robson.

42 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Not sure if Scott Fleming posts on here but would be interested to know where the confidence about Barry Robson came from for the message read out on the Big Scottish Football Podcast.  Unless of course he was just at it to see if they'd actually read it out.

I wouldn’t want him. He’s an angry wee man.

Edited by Enigma

44 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Me neither exactly the type I hope we are looking at 

25 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think Robson's record in the league as permanent manager is W7 D7 L12

No thanks.

You’d have to count his full record though. Plus take into account he took over from a failure and finished third.

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

John Hughes with Cristophe Berra as his assistant.

Yogi-Berra.

They'll have all the bases covered.

Ah'll get ma coat.

This would be like Déjà Vu all over again……

3 hours ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Think at this point should just write this season off and keep Potter as manager until next season when someone new can come in, take over, build their own squad and have a full pre season.

But if you do appoint someone now my picks would be Jim Magilton or Lee Bullen.

Yogi is literally in tears reading this! Think of the poor man’s feelings!

12 hours ago, g martin said:

Who is your ideal and / or realistic pick now? Want to place a bet at any of my odds or have a different candidate in mind?

I don’t claim to know enough about football to know who would be a good fit. 
None of the usual suspects would be an upgrade on Murray which is why I’m happy we’re not just working our way down the list until we get to someone who’ll take the job. 

12 hours ago, Been going too long said:

How long do you wait though? Another month? what is it they want from the right candidate and why start the process from scratch again when a lot of work has been done already , you could say it’s just stalling for time eventually a decision needs to be made and the longer it goes more expectation of the new manager will be there as he must be amazing , we are wasting a really good opportunity this season with this, if they didn’t believe in Murray bin him in the summer

Maybe I shouldn’t have said “start from scratch”. 
What I meant was not just moving onto the fourth or fifth choice candidate that we’ve already looked at, but instead keeping looking for new candidates. 

7 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

To be fair, the way things are going in Kirkcaldy they could get to this stage next season without a “head of football operations” and folk would still be giving it the “I am happy the board are taking time to appoint the right person”.

So you think it would be better for the board to appoint someone who was not in their top 3 or 4 choices just for the sake of getting it done quickly, rather than wait to see if any new options open up?

Nobody thinks taking this long is preferable to getting a new man in immediately, but taking this long is far better than getting the wrong man in quickly. 
Very few fans think that we’d be doing better if we still had Murray in charge so it’s not as big a deal to us as it seems to be from the outside.