Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My Pars mate says it will be an irish manager taking over: Lyne O'Licker

I would have voted Yogi for shit and giggles but he was there before. So went for McCall on the same grounds as the QP fan did earlier in the thread

Can't see it being Kevin Thomson, not sure he's on Barrowman and McKenzie's Christmas card list. As someone else said, he was always putting himself up for a number of jobs during his spell at Kelty.

Edited by The Toun Clock

3 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

I'd be shocked if McCabe goes to Raith as :

Just signed a new contract and whilst I've no doubt there is a release clause it won't be peanuts given Airdrie's owner finance expertise. With Murray's comp it would be hefty cost to Raith.

His Consillium links may be similar to McNamara's at Dundee Utd.

He's a clever cookie and he'll be well aware that there will be a few Premiership jobs coming up before Xmas. The vultures will be hovering over Levein, Gray, Goodwin or Kettlewell if they make bad starts.

When was the last time a championship manager made the jump up to the prem ?

I am guessing Jack Ross but he technically had one foot in the prem with St Mirren

The usual suspects from here all get quoted but are never close 

1 minute ago, philpy said:

Defo can't see it being bowyer - I'm sure dundee punted him after he wasn't happy with some things behind the scenes...

He wasn't too popular with their fans and I'm sure he still lived in England while he was at Dundee which is always a red flag.  Fair enough he won the league but only on the final day against a meh Queen's Park side

31 minutes ago, MrDust said:

When was the last time a championship manager made the jump up to the prem ?

I am guessing Jack Ross but he technically had one foot in the prem with St Mirren

The usual suspects from here all get quoted but are never close 

irrelevant to me as I believe McCabe is miles ahead of most in Scotland probably because he's not got his coaching badges!!!

Just now, Kenny_m said:

irrelevant to me as I believe McCabe is miles ahead of most in Scotland probably because he's not got his coaching badges!!!

tbf we had Owen Coyle a couple years back, he could give McCabe a good run for his money considering we were one game from winning the league with that team

15 minutes ago, Starksdynamo said:

He wasn't too popular with their fans and I'm sure he still lived in England while he was at Dundee which is always a red flag.  Fair enough he won the league but only on the final day against a meh Queen's Park side

Bowyer was liked by a good number of fans, whether he was seen as a genuinely good manager for our team at that level and for the top league the season after is what's more debated, as we naturally believe we should've won that league anyway and it was way too close for comfort at the end. I personally think he's a decent manager and wouldn't be a bad appointment for Raith, but whether or not he wants to come up north again is the question, as he stayed in a flat away from his family (though he always talked about how much he loved Scotland). Well, that and the prior history of clashes with his higher-ups he had with us.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, Girth said:

Imrie might not be a bad shout. 

Unsure how much of a warchest there is at Raith but it has to be more than at Morten. 

Thank you. 

If we're sacking Murray for results and performances, why would we go to Imrie?

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

If we're sacking Murray for results and performances, why would we go to Imrie?

Might be able to get you better results with more funds!?

I guess he would make you potentially more 'painful on the eye'...

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Gentlemen it'll be none of the above, the New Man is already at the club 

Itk ?