Zipline the Clyde-gees some cash

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

Hi folks,

I've had some news this evening that means I can no longer take part in the zipline as it would be unsafe. My spinal cords being compressed by my vertibrae. 

This was totally unexpected and I'm gutted. I also don't want kiddo to feel pressure of having to do it without me. 

I'll look into justgivings refund policy tomorrow and let you know.

I'm gutted I can't zip across the Clyde.

Thank you all for your support.

Rowan

How's the cruise fund looking? Oh, and the rewiring bill for your second home?

Spoiler

I jest, this is a shame after the effort you've put in

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

Hi folks,

I've had some news this evening that means I can no longer take part in the zipline as it would be unsafe. My spinal cords being compressed by my vertibrae. 

This was totally unexpected and I'm gutted. I also don't want kiddo to feel pressure of having to do it without me. 

Rowan

No worries at all, @alta-pete will take your place in a second. He won't even need the zipline if he can get his old 8 cylinder monster back on the road.

On 16/08/2024 at 09:36, invergowrie arab said:

In the finest traditions of this website I'll be disappointed if at least some of this money isn't misappropriated 

Uh-huh.

11 hours ago, RH33 said:

Hi folks,

Rowan

Only joking.  Hopefully your daughter still wants to do it as it is pretty exhilarating.  Regardless, not interested in a refund.  Best wishes, I was going to say that you need to get one of these

viimvpt5kwxa.jpg

However you probably already have one for other purposes!

9 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

How's the cruise fund looking? Oh, and the rewiring bill for your second home?

Hide contents

I jest, this is a shame after the effort you've put in

Effort being a couple clicks of a mouse!

Haven't spoken to my daughter yet but I don't think she can do it without a participating adult.

Just waiting at hospital to find out more, was a call out of blue last night. I thought I had carpel tunnel until then.

Thanks folks.

I think my daughter is going to do it and a friend has offered to take my place, just need to wait until Monday and speak to charity.

19 hours ago, RH33 said:

Hi folks,

Rowan

Absolutely gutted for YOU, terrible news on many levels…but also good you now know the reason.

18 hours ago, Rugster said:

Anyone wants their money back they’re a dick. Hope, you’re ok. 

Hey, I’m a dick and I DON’T want the money back. Don’t assume all us dicks are dicks.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Thanks folks.

I think my daughter is going to do it and a friend has offered to take my place, just need to wait until Monday and speak to charity.

Outstanding news, please keep us up to date and hopefully you can enjoy seeing her have the time of her life even if you’ve been grounded!

Edited by TxRover

7 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Similarly, no refund required. But maybe go sit in a bath of baked beans for 24 hours as a suitable substitute challenge? 

Pervert.

Aye, nobody wants the money back. Hope your daughter's able to give it a go and has a good time.

The media loved a good bean/bathtub fundraiser back then, didn't they.

Must have been a tabloid editor/programme controller who had that as a fetish. It's such an odd idea.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

Like everyone else no refund required, bit crap missing out at such a late stage.

The one time the NHS is efficient 🙈

Spent all day up getting some more tests etc. I need a CT scan but brain surgeons don't want emergency surgery so was allowed home.

If it wasn't my neck/spinal cord I'd have just signed waiver and done it anyway but would prefer not to self decapitate in mid air over the Clyde!

1 minute ago, RH33 said:

Spent all day up getting some more tests etc. I need a CT scan but brain surgeons don't want emergency surgery so was allowed home.

If it wasn't my neck/spinal cord I'd have just signed waiver and done it anyway but would prefer not to self decapitate in mid air over the Clyde!

Fingers crossed for you mate; my better half fractured her C2 and T2 at the top end of June. Terrifying stuff. Thankfully she didn’t need surgery, just 2 months in a brace (and a fair few months of PT to come).

And even if it wasn’t self-decapitiation, the weight of the money you’d have needed to carry about to buy a pint in Finnieston after the ride wouldn’t have done your back any good whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Literally keep the heid Rowan.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

but brain surgeons don't want emergency surgery

More likely: neuroradiologist on call has told them to get to f**k, the god-complex-having f**ks.

That being said, hope any scans come back without shit news.

I think you should do it purely because my commute goes by there and the prospect of seeing someone flailing about in pain on a wire crossing the river would hopefully distract me from the wee neds blaring awful music out from the back of bus. Good luck anyway, where actually is the wire/where does it end on the Partick side of things?