Celtic v Rangers: Sun 1st Sep, 12:30

6 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Absolutely laziness of the highest order........

Also Celtic hav won the title year after year and it's not flung in anyone's face.

The rangers win it and it's flags on lamposts, fans on main roads,in the middle of towns disrupting ordinary people's life's,just like they're pals in the "o/order" etc etc 

Well aware of Celtic and find a lot of what it's about unpleasant but they do not interfere with people's life's, like the other lot do.

The level of sectarianism from the 2012 is on other level also,Edmiston House on Saturday and it's up to our knees in ****** blood, a facility run by the club !!

The 2012,the most hated club in Scotland by far now,culturally,politically they're morally adrift.

Celtic winning everything is just par level right now. So, it's kind of easy to shut out. Rangers winning the league under Gerrard basically bucked a 20 odd year trend, so their fans were insufferable.

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'm pretty sure Celtic fans would be much the same. 

That said, High Street/Gallowgate area looked a riot after their celebrations the past few years. If I lived there I might have stronger opinions on how much they had disrupted my life.

2 minutes ago, CoF said:

See the only good thing about the no away fans thing is when the away team score you don't hear joy, only misery. They couldn't even give us that yesterday. 

January is only a few short months away. I’m sure you will get your fix then!

5 hours ago, Urban Spaceman said:

This, there was a lot of shoving it random confused peoples faces last night in Dumbarton High Street, good few of the young team having their own parade outside the Harp club annoying every passer by as there were no actual Rangers fans to intimidate. For some cultural or political reason there is a lot of people that support either side who have (not so deeply repressed) anger and violence issues and feel the need to get in other peoples faces whether they are winning or losing.

Colour me shocked to hear this was in Dumbarton.  

On 01/09/2024 at 14:41, AJF said:

We are light years behind that Celtic side. Both in terms of players on the pitch and in the dugout.

We try the same stuff game after game against them which doesn’t work. You can accept getting beat off a better team but there has been no attempt to adapt or change how we play in order to combat that.

Tbf Rangers did win the first ten minutes.  

22 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

It was totally embarrassing and "Tav" is a hiding shite bag as most folk would have had that boy decked for that whether they were a professional footballer or not.

Imagine coming out yet work and some fanny in a winter jaiket n shorts is shouting that at you. Notice he starts walking backwards when Tav does appear though.

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Celtic winning everything is just par level right now. So, it's kind of easy to shut out. Rangers winning the league under Gerrard basically bucked a 20 odd year trend, so their fans were insufferable.

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'm pretty sure Celtic fans would be much the same. 

That said, High Street/Gallowgate area looked a riot after their celebrations the past few years. If I lived there I might have stronger opinions on how much they had disrupted my life.

But did they pish on the statues?

7 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Cheers. I quit my job a couple of months ago and I’m over in Ukraine so that has just extended my stay for another month. Lost out on 2.5k in the end but there’s no chance I was risking that :lol: 

Is it Lviv that you’re in? 

I’ve always wanted to go to Ukraine but I think media painted it as unsafe haven for Nazis since the 2010s, realise that’s deffo not really the case. 

3 hours ago, ahemps said:

I heard Souness on Talksport earlier and he was adamant there is not much between the teams and things can turn quickly in football.

What was funny to me though was a Celtic fan from Blackpool called in and Souness actually queried why he supports Celtic, the fact he is from Edinburgh escapes him but the caller immediately after was from NI and Souness didn't query why he was a Rangers fan.

Think GS tries too hard to talk up his angry bear credentials. 

On 01/09/2024 at 14:41, AJF said:

We are light years behind that Celtic side. Both in terms of players on the pitch and in the dugout.

We try the same stuff game after game against them which doesn’t work. You can accept getting beat off a better team but there has been no attempt to adapt or change how we play in order to combat that.

On 01/09/2024 at 14:49, AJF said:

He isn’t now, to be fair. I said before it would depend on any manner of defeat today.

I think there’s an acceptance that the board have let him down but he has failed to make any progress with this side after long enough. He needs to be more pragmatic in these games.

You're talking about sevco being more pragmatic in these games for me he tried that last season with the 4 games getting beat by the odd goal were rangers fans were thinking that was an improvement yet yesterday I think your manager for the first time believed he could go to Celtic park and win.
I'm very happy the way he tried to set his team up because you could see how easy it was for Celtic to just pick the sevco team apart.
Now he could go back to last seasons tactics and lose by the odd goal again or even get a draw,if he can't figure out the best way to play Celtic hes a dead man walking M8.

1 hour ago, Booker-T said:

Is it Lviv that you’re in? 

I’ve always wanted to go to Ukraine but I think media painted it as unsafe haven for Nazis since the 2010s, realise that’s deffo not really the case. 

Aye. Lviv is fine, some pre planned black outs when the russians target the energy supplies like they did last week but apart from that everything works. I’m going to Kyiv soon and I’m slightly sceptical. 

if nothing else, experiencing an air alarm is one of the most telling I’ve ever had. 

On 01/09/2024 at 15:08, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t think it’s just the ability from Aberdeen though - they showed yesterday real desire and that’s as important if not more important as you and I well know from watching the current Falkirk side.

I think Aberdeen are well placed to get 2nd tbh - especially if Rangers persist with Clement.

I also would not be surprised if Celtic won all 38 league games.

Aberdeen’s confidence will be sky high.  Winning does that.  

They have though beaten the teams that finished 10th and 11th last season by a single goal.  

And beaten Saints and Killie at home both after hard games on the Thursday night.  

So bad as Rangers are in comparison to Celtic I think it’s a stretch at the moment to suggest the Dons can finish second.  

23 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Also Celtic hav won the title year after year and it's not flung in anyone's face.

The rangers win it and it's flags on lamposts, fans on main roads,in the middle of towns disrupting ordinary people's life's,just like they're pals in the "o/order" etc etc 

Well aware of Celtic and find a lot of what it's about unpleasant but they do not interfere with people's life's, like the other lot do.

The level of sectarianism from the 2012 is on other level also,Edmiston House on Saturday and it's up to our knees in ****** blood, a facility run by the club !!

The 2012,the most hated club in Scotland by far now,culturally,politically they're morally adrift.

They're scarcely morally 'adrift' when Celtic, a repugnant right-wing, cheerleader of 19th Century religious tribalism continue to spew their bile throughout Scottish society. 

On 02/09/2024 at 10:15, Dav nan Gael said:

Thanks mate, I needed a laugh after the gubbing at the weekend. 

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

They're scarcely morally 'adrift' when Celtic, a repugnant right-wing, cheerleader of 19th Century religious tribalism continue to spew their bile throughout Scottish society. 

If you are talking about the club, I don't understand.  Both Celtic and the New Rangers make the right noises about bigotry and sectarianism, although they are both lacking in action. 

If you are talking about the fans, my experience is the Ibrox lot are strong on religious  bigotry,   while the other lot have been  more politically minded in their unpleasantness.  I'm not aware of a sellick song in a similar vein to 'Billy Boys' for instance, but there are plenty about the IRA.  Maybe I led a sheltered life. 

I hesitate to post this for fear of being labelled (I almost said 'tarred') as one of 'them' or 'them' , for trying to differentiate between cheek fans.

eta ....     of course they both need each other in order to survive.

Edited by cyderspaceman