Ayr v Raith Diddy Cup tie

Lot of hard work ahead for the manager of the team that just seems to keep on giving.☹️

Small consolation that it's not a league game but confidence will take a hit no matter the status of the game.

Just now, SanStarko said:

Does Ayr TV not have a working zoom function on their camera?  They keep zooming out every time the ball goes over towards the far side of the pitch. 

They barely have functional commentators, a camera operator with any sense is stretching it a bit.

There's an air of inevitably about conceding so many goals when we're putting out a bodged together defence, which includes a centre midfielder playing RCB. 

Hopefully Vaughan, Stanton and Freeman have the required fitness for Friday. Even managing to put out a proper back 4 would ve a big improvement. 

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Rovers really are a cheating bunch of shites eh? Pretty much across the board, from stealing yards for throw ins to common assault.

Your centre forwards elbowed multiple players in the back of head, grabbed shirts and pushed our goalie into the post. Referee took no action. Our team should have been more streetwise if anything. Take the tinted specs off, your team uses physicality to its advantage as well and that is fair enough.

Despite being 2-0 up, Raith were never actually on top in the game. We gifted two goals and it was panic stations at the back which I’d put down to McMann being missing and McAllister having to fill in there. 

We could’ve scored a couple ourselves before half time but Dabrowski really kept them in it. Second half all we needed was the penalty to get back in it and from then on I think we were always going to get a second and then a third. 

Stevenson was completely taken out the game for the equaliser as he couldn’t follow Henderson but then allowed Watret to run in behind to cross. The third goal was absolutely identical. I don’t think that the signings of Hanlon and Stevenson have paid off in the way that Raith fans thought they would’ve. Hanlon wasn’t tested in the first half but couldn’t deal with Oakley in the second half once he actually started challenging him for high balls. 

Raith just look pretty average at the minute. 

10 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Your centre forwards elbowed multiple players in the back of head, grabbed shirts and pushed our goalie into the post. Referee took no action. Our team should have been more streetwise if anything. Take the tinted specs off, your team uses physicality to its advantage as well and that is fair enough.

Dabrowski tried to con the referee into getting an Ayr player sent off in what was one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen. Not one Raith player even tried to back him up and the referee just told him to get back up without bothering to ask the linesman what had happened. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dabrowski tried to con the referee into getting an Ayr player sent off in what was one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen. Not one Raith player even tried to back him up and the referee just told him to get back up without bothering to ask the linesman what had happened. 

Aye that was truly embarrassing.

The lack of interest from his teammates was very obvious. Pathetic behaviour.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Oakley knee’d him in the leg and he made a meal of it. You see players do it in every game when contact happens off the ball.

I do not like how easy folk go down, but let’s not kid on Rovers are ‘cheats’ and Ayr are saints who don’t bend the rules to their advantage like every professional team on earth. 

Just now, Raithfan2711 said:

Oakley knee’d him in the leg and he made a meal of it. You see players do it in every game when contact happens off the ball.

I do not like how easy folk go down, but let’s not kid on Rovers are ‘cheats’ and Ayr are saints who don’t bend the rules to their advantage like every professional team on earth. 

There was absolutely no contact at all and the big diddy made an arse of himself. 

No one is proclaiming that Ayr are “saints” but you’re allowed to be physical without fouling and that’s what we tend to do. It’s up to other teams to combat that. 

It’s hard when you gift teams a 2-0 head start and then they try and time waste for the remaining hour or so but we found a way eventually. 

I got a laugh from shouting "enjoying your timewasting now ya p***ks" after Rovers players started protesting Ayr taking their time with set pieces. Poetic f**king justice.

Dubrowski should have been carded for that pish. Referee was gash. Of special note was when he finally noticed Dick was talking a 50-yard run before all his throw ins and the only punishment was offering one retaken, which he again took a treble jump in advance of.