Week 1 πŸ‡§πŸ‡·

lichtie23

Week 1 kicked off in dramatic fashion last night and we are being treated to another decent looking matchup tonight as the Eagles and Packers meet in Brazil!Β 
Β 

There’s a full slate of games on Sunday as well

IMG_3210.thumb.jpeg.78e7354d67effbddd727b47e76eb78fd.jpeg

I think seasons with absolutely no expectations are some of the more enjoyable. Getting humped, no, but at least you can focus on watching younger players develop without the stress and disappointment of shit coaching and injuries leading to underachievement.

The four games after LAC punted Staley last year were some of the most fun I've had watching the team in years. Even the Raiders drubbing was enjoyable because the players visibly quit on the coaching staff so it left the ownership no option but to fire the moron HC. QB play was absolute shit once Herbert went down, but just watching them go out and play with no pressure, and seeing the immediate difference the removal of Staley made to players like Derwin James was really enjoyable.

Kinda looking forward to this season for similar reasons. No expectations of getting to the post-season, but competent coaching, being rid of perpetually underachieving players, and a load of younger ones brought in by a staff with completely contrasting philosophy to the last regime is reason enough for optimism.

53 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think seasons with absolutely no expectations are some of the more enjoyable. Getting humped, no, but at least you can focus on watching younger players develop without the stress and disappointment of shit coaching and injuries leading to underachievement.

The four games after LAC punted Staley last year were some of the most fun I've had watching the team in years. Even the Raiders drubbing was enjoyable because the players visibly quit on the coaching staff so it left the ownership no option but to fire the moron HC. QB play was absolute shit once Herbert went down, but just watching them go out and play with no pressure, and seeing the immediate difference the removal of Staley made to players like Derwin James was really enjoyable.

Kinda looking forward to this season for similar reasons. No expectations of getting to the post-season, but competent coaching, being rid of perpetually underachieving players, and a load of younger ones brought in by a staff with completely contrasting philosophy to the last regime is reason enough for optimism.

Aye, I remember the Patriots in the early 90s, woeful for most of it but drafting Drew Bledsoe made a big difference and it was an upward trend from there.

8 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Week 1 kicked off in dramatic fashion last night and we are being treated to another decent looking matchup tonight as the Eagles and Packers meet in Brazil!Β 
Β 

There’s a full slate of games on Sunday as well

IMG_3210.thumb.jpeg.78e7354d67effbddd727b47e76eb78fd.jpeg

Interested to see how the AFC South Divisional game between the Colts and Texans pans out, many people saying the Texans should romp that division this year.

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

The only expectation I have is to be royally gubbed by the Chiefs, with the best performer on the roster being Thunder the horse mascot.

It’s being so cheery that keeps me going…. Let’s Ride.