Ingrained in your head.

Glasgowcentric but I spend way too much time thinking about that big pizza sculpture that had the maniac facial expression and that wielded a large knife in quite an aggressive manner in the window of Dino's on Sauchiehall Street.

It seem to represent the 1990's Glasgow zeitgeist in quite a disturbing way.

The Begbie of pizzas.

Assuming this isn't limited to jingles: Walking past the back of a courthouse in Nottingham and hearing squeals of utter anguish coming from one of those G4S vans.

Some guy screaming "it wasn't me, please, it wasn't me, this is my life you're taking.  I didn't do it, Please! Muuuuummmmm!!!!", followed by the sound of a fight within and yelps of pain.  "No, Noooooo! Somebody help me, help me pleeaaaseee, pleeeaaaasssseeeee, [high pitched squeals of pain accompanying the sound of something (or someone) battering against the side of the van]"

Still haunting.

ETA: That and the vision of a small child learning to ski at Cairngorm going under a barrier and down into a pothole through the snow, followed by a mother shouting "my baby!".  Can't imagine it ended well. I was quite young at the time.

Happy Wednesday everybody.

Edited by Hedgecutter

39 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Assuming this isn't limited to jingles: Walking past the back of a courthouse in Nottingham and hearing squeals of utter anguish coming from one of those G4S vans.

Some guy screaming "it wasn't me, please, it wasn't me, this is my life you're taking.  I didn't do it, Please! Muuuuummmmm!!!!", followed by the sound of a fight within and yelps of pain.  "No, Noooooo! Somebody help me, help me pleeaaaseee, pleeeaaaasssseeeee, [high pitched squeals of pain accompanying the sound of something (or someone) battering against the side of the van]"

Still haunting.

ETA: That and the vision of a small child learning to ski at Cairngorm going under a barrier and down into a pothole through the snow, followed by a mother shouting "my baby!".  Can't imagine it ended well. I was quite young at the time.

Happy Wednesday everybody.

A guy getting battered off his mum in a G4S van? That's a new one. 

When I was in first year of highschool, my timetable for one part of the year on a Friday was ; PE, Science, English, Art, Music, Maths.
I have learned and forgotten way more important things in the 24yrs since, but that order has somehow not been overwritten.

I'm also pretty confident I remember all 18 stops on a specific service*, but since I did get that train 5+ times a week for three years I understand how it gained permanence. And there's no real way of proving it on an online forum without accusations of googling it. [*although they've added a new station at some point in the last 10 yrs? WTF Breich??]

On 15/09/2024 at 05:29, BukyOHare said:

Just watching that back again and the actor in the advert looks like the same guy who played Mickey Pearce in Only Fools and Horses?

Different guy - David Thewlis.  By huge coincidence, he did appear in Only Fools but not as Mickey Pearce.  

On 09/09/2024 at 09:10, Desp said:

:lol: My wife actually asked me last week where Tillicoultry was (I can't remember why she asked, ironically) but I jumped out my chair and said "IT'S NEAR STIRLING!!".  She didn't get the reference.  Dougie Donnelly would be gutted.

Remember this well, also.  Seemed to get played every 25 mins on Clyde 1 radio.

Similar happened to me last week when a guy I was talking to said, "Of course we can pay in dollars. If we wanted to we could in bloody Chinese..." and fumbled for the currency. I shouted "Remnimbi!". He actually got a fright.

Thanks Linda.

On 19/09/2024 at 17:45, jimbaxters said:

Similar happened to me last week when a guy I was talking to said, "Of course we can pay in dollars. If we wanted to we could in bloody Chinese..." and fumbled for the currency. I shouted "Remnimbi!". He actually got a fright.

Thanks Linda.

All of Chewin the Fat is permanently in my head but "a receptacle for refuse" is right up there.