Rock Bottom Pars v Not Much Better Rovers Friday 13th clash

8 hours ago, Enigma said:

I’d imagine the Dunfermline owners can’t really be bothered with changing the manager given they’re wanting away and their dislike of the fans. Equally the club is going to look even less attractive a proposition to any buyers in League One, so if McPake looks like actually taking them down I’m sure he’ll get the bullet.

McPake is going nowhere.

The game is tomorrow and there’s 5 pages. 

I’m not feeling it either. I was going but when it was moved to a Friday night any enthusiasm I had for the fixture vanished.

The sacking of Murray and employing some lad I’ve never heard of wasn’t a move that filled me with joy. It’ll take some good performances and results to get me back onside.

Anyway, f**k the Pars, come on the Rovers. No, not even an exclamation mark. Said without any enthusiasm at all.

On 10/09/2024 at 20:10, Enigma said:

Much as I don’t want to piss on our own chips I think the Main Stand Archibald Leitch claim is a long perpetuated myth/legend, at least it is according to John Greer. It was designed by somebody else.

Folk used to also say it was listed and it isn’t. It’s the house across the road that’s listed.

I'm actually surprised our ticket sales look as healthy as they are considering it's a Friday night game, on the telly and we're not exactly setting the heather alight in the league. My mates an Ayr fan and was at their 1-1 game and said Dunfermline looked really poor. I wasn't at the 3-2 game down at Ayr but apparently we looked decent in the first half - concerning that we collapsed so spectacularly. Livi game I thought we looked miles better than any other game this season. The performances are there to some degree so hopefully we'll have enough about us to start winning games. Suspecting, as per most Fife Derbies, it'll be a close game. Even though we won 5 of them last season you could say only the 3-0 cup game was our most dominant performance against these diddies which is rather embarrassing when we really should be turning them over at any given opportunity. 

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I'm actually surprised our ticket sales look as healthy as they are considering it's a Friday night game, on the telly and we're not exactly setting the heather alight in the league.

Agree, I had a brief look yesterday and sales were really good, especially given the circumstances you've mentioned.

I'd sooner be playing Saturday 3pm, but our record in Friday night games is pretty good. Sounds like Bene will be missing for this one as he went off at HT Vs Ayr. I'd say there's a small chance we bring in one or two before tomorrow. McPake was interviewed yesterday to say Mebude and Craig Clay both still on trial and doing well.

Mebude to sign and come off the bench to score the winner after a wee trial stint in Kirkcaldy over the summer.

I would start Foggarty and Young at the back. Both have performed better than the other defenders, sure it's a risk but Breen and Fisher have both started the season poorly imo. Sounds like Ngwenya could well be back which would be great to let Otoo back into midfield and Comrie looked much better last week when played as a normal fullback. 

I would go with;

Oluwayemi 

Comrie  Young   Foggarty Ngwenya (if fit)

Hamilton   Otoo

KRH                Cooper          McCann 

Kane

Edited by Nat Weederburn

1 hour ago, Nat Weederburn said:

I would start Foggarty and Young at the back. Both have performed better than the other defenders, sure it's a risk but Breen and Fisher have both started the season poorly imo. Sounds like Ngwenya could well be back which would be great to let Otoo back into midfield and Comrie looked much better last week when played as a normal fullback. 

I would go with;

Oluwayemi 

Hamilton   Otoo

Kane

Pretty much this.

Still pretty pessimistic - that team will have to elevate their game to beat Rovers IMO. Oluwayemi, Young, Fogarty, Ngwenya, Cooper all still pretty unproven, especially for a match of this size, while the jury remains out on McCann and KRH is a shadow of his previous self. 

A win would be hugely encouraging. A repeat of the Dundee United game last season would be absolutely ideal.

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m not feeling it either. I was going but when it was moved to a Friday night any enthusiasm I had for the fixture vanished.

The sacking of Murray and employing some lad I’ve never heard of wasn’t a move that filled me with joy. It’ll take some good performances and results to get me back onside.

Anyway, f**k the Pars, come on the Rovers. No, not even an exclamation mark. Said without any enthusiasm at all.

Thats the spirit. 

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

What page of Scary Bears Bumper excuse book did you pull that from

On 11/09/2024 at 13:00, Rammit Bawdeep said:

More like some ill fitting shitty corner unit you would get from from MFI or similar crappy furniture shop. The whole place is like a badly put together  identifit off crimewatch..... 

Erse

6 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Folk used to also say it was listed and it isn’t. It’s the house across the road that’s listed.

Aye? What's so special about the house? 

1 hour ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

So the gist of this thread is Rovers fans not confident, Pars fans not confident.  Both getting the excuses in early.

Probably be a high scoring 0-0.

😀

I'd imagine it'll be low scoring either way with a goal in it. McPake will be aware that a loss would really hurt whatever goodwill he has with some of the support, a midfield of Hamilton, Otoo and Cooper can be industrious but I'm not sure they have the ability on the ball to break the lines. 

My head says 1-0 Raith, I'd just love to win though. 

6 hours ago, Nat Weederburn said:

I would go with;

Oluwayemi 

Hamilton   Otoo

Kane

Aye, I'd go with that. It's a massive game for Young. I've seen enough the past two games from Cooper and McCann to show they would work in those positions. KRH does not look himself at all. He needs to step up and do what he is good at, or he'll end up getting dropped. Kane is a f**king pest if you can keep him on as much as possible. Oluwayemi's kicks to McCann should be causing havoc to allow Kane to do his thing. It isn't rocket surgery. We should at least be competitive with this team. We have looked like that at least so fingers crossed. If Ngwenya isn't fit, Otoo will be at left-back and probably Chalmers in the middle.

On 10/09/2024 at 21:36, parsforlife said:

Is there anything that gets anywhere close to the hardie free kick? It's a cracker of a goal in its own right but for what it meant it's going to trump everything else.  No need to post it, we all know how this it looks

Some strike.

Tainted though, when you consider that the Pars f**ked over loads of creditors for that moment. I'm sure you'll agree.