Scotland ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ v ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น Portugal - 15th October

I'd imagine nearly every professional sportsperson is a bad loser, but most of them don't throw strops after every defeat because they are grown adults. Having a wee tantrum on the pitch isn't signalling anything other than him being a pathetic human being. Look at all the other Ballon d'Or winners from the last 20 years or so, I don't think there's another single one of them who would ever behave like that, and yet they have also been able to make it to the very top of the game.

What happened to him? I can't remember which tournament it was, maybe world cup 18 or euro 2020 but he had cut that shit out of his game completely, had huge respect for him.

Something changed and he's a massive sheet stain.ย 

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What happened to him? I can't remember which tournament it was, maybe world cup 18 or euro 2020 but he had cut that shit out of his game completely, had huge respect for him.

He's overcompensating for the fact that he, and everybody else in football, knows he's not good enough for the Jersey he is filling.ย 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Last night's atmosphere was affected big time by the number of families which is understandable given the opposition aligning with the school holidays. Should be much better v Croatia next month given it's a Friday.ย ย 

Way too many sweetie rustlers go to the football these daysย 

15 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Messi won the World Cup

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

A diddy? really? I am sure he now has over 50 caps.ย  You could argue the way he has played the last two games is a credit to him due to not playing at Norwich, not sure what his situation there is but you would imagine if mckenna or hendry are fit in 2025 he will struggle to keep his place if he is not playing. Not a diddy for me. far from it

He makes glaring errors almost every game. We need better at centre half now we're in a 4 and he's not good with the ball at his feet. He's not playing at club level and shouldn't be a starter for us either.ย 

3 hours ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

The Hampden atmosphere has been shite for ages. We have the John McGinn and McTominay songs and thatโ€™s it.

ย 

I really think the SFA should consider introducing a singing section.

Weโ€™re crying out for this. Itโ€™s worked wonders at several club sides so itโ€™s a no brainier imo. Probably something that should be put forward by the fans though.

3 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Weโ€™re crying out for this. Itโ€™s worked wonders at several club sides so itโ€™s a no brainier imo. Probably something that should be put forward by the fans though.

You would imagine there's a core of several thousand who would get on board with that.ย 

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He makes glaring errors almost every game. We need better at centre half now we're in a 4 and he's not good with the ball at his feet. He's not playing at club level and shouldn't be a starter for us either.ย 

What glaring errors did he make in the last three for Scotland as a matter of interest?

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What glaring errors did he make in the last three for Scotland as a matter of interest?

In the Croatia match he gave away position stupidly and instead of winning the ball back gave away a free kick about 20 yards out. Thankfully Modric let some other c**t hit it and it wasn't a goal. Just one off the top of my head. I can't believe I'm having to argue we have better centre halves than Hanley.ย 

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I thought Hanley did really well last night but felt he was responsible for the incident where Gordon very nearly slid out of the box with ball in hand. Hanley just needed to clear that but he dithered. (It's quite possible it wasn't Hanley involved but my recall is that it was).

4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I thought Hanley did really well last night but felt he was responsible for the incident where Gordon very nearly slid out of the box with ball in hand. Hanley just needed to clear that but he dithered. (It's quite possible it wasn't Hanley involved but my recall is that it was).

It was Hanley, and I wouldn't disagree he should have just taken charge given his experience but Gordon shouted for it (or at least it looked like he did).

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

It was Hanley, and I wouldn't disagree he should have just taken charge given his experience but Gordon shouted for it (or at least it looked like he did).

To me it looked like Gordon shouted on Hanley to clear it and then had to take urgent action when he didn't.

I actually thought the ball might well have gone out of the box but to be fair to the assistant ref he was bang in line.ย 

Anyway as previously noted I thought Hanley did well last night.

5 hours ago, Smokerson said:

I do not get the criticism that Kenny McLean faces, I don't think he ever puts a foot wrong, he has nailed his place down next to Gilmour for now

Same here. McLean was excellent last night and hasn't ever let us down any time he's been on the pitch.ย 

I'm not suggesting he should be starting every game when others are back fit, but peoples opinion on Kenny McLean is my personal litmus test on whether I think you know anything about football or not (e.g. the guys that sit behind me saying McLean was having a 'nightmare' - clueless!).