Affairs

BukyOHare

On the back of the Dave Grohl thread and just out of interest how many posting on here have had an affair?

The faux outrage of posts about what's happened is making me more uneasy than what Grohl's actually done!

Maybe it's just me.

Edited by BukyOHare

Obviously, nobody on the internet has ever known the touch of a lady, other than the ladies.

Here's a question that offended a few people last time it was asked: do you trust people less if you know they cheat on their significant other?

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Here's a question that offended a few people last time it was asked: do you trust people less if you know they cheat on their significant other?

Yes, if you want to be single, just be single. I had a mate who had 3 girlfriends and a wife. every time we were away in a group, he would disappear to visit sex workers. It got the the stage I'd gladly have told his wife he was a deviant. Everyone I have known that cheats, man or woman has always been a bit of a c**t before I knew they had cheated on partners.  

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Yes, if you want to be single, just be single. I had a mate who had 3 girlfriends and a wife. every time we were away in a group, he would disappear to visit sex workers. It got the the stage I'd gladly have told his wife he was a deviant. Everyone I have known that cheats, man or woman has always been a bit of a c**t before I knew they had cheated on partners.  

Aye, I've got the mentality that, if you're willing to lie to and cheat the most important person in your life, God only knows what you're willing to do to the rest of us.

If you're married, contracts clearly mean nothing to you either.

Just now, BFTD said:

Aye, I've got the mentality that, if you're willing to lie to and cheat the most important person in your life, God only knows what you're willing to do to the rest of us.

If you're married, contracts clearly mean nothing to you either.

The person I was referencing, went to rehab for drug and sex addiction...after he was caught. His wife stuck by him for another 3 months until she found out he was seeing someone new. Ended up back in with his mum and dad, blaming his ex-wife for not getting free access to his kids. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Yes, if you want to be single, just be single.

Yeah, just break the relationship off if you're starting to get tempted by that. It's just not fair on the wife. My first wife was pretty unfaithful to me, I was working offshore a lot and she was working onwhore a lot. I wasn't overly bothered tbh, it just gave me the excuse I wanted to end a shitty marriage. I just thought 'You cheeky c**t' spending all my offshore money on nights out and ching, whilst seeing more p***ks than a 2nd hand dartboard.

My current wife, who I have been with for 17 years, really values faithfulness and honesty and I have full trust in her. I have never had any desire to do the dirty on her (steady), I'm totally punching.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, just break the relationship off if you're starting to get tempted by that. It's just not fair on the wife. My first wife was pretty unfaithful to me, I was working offshore a lot and she was working onwhore a lot. I wasn't overly bothered tbh, it just gave me the excuse I wanted to end a shitty marriage. I just thought 'You cheeky c**t' spending all my offshore money on nights out and ching, whilst seeing more p***ks than a 2nd hand dartboard.

My current wife, who I have been with for 17 years, really values faithfulness and honesty and I have full trust in her. I have never had any desire to do the dirty on her (steady), I'm totally punching.

I went out with a girl from Hurlford just outside Kilmarnock so it shouldn't have been too much of a surprise that she had slack morals. She cheated on me on a night out I was actually on. She disappeared with some guy and I went home. I text her the following day and said that we needed to meet up for a chat. 

We met in a restaurant car park, before she could get out of her car, I opened the passenger door and sat a bag of all her stuff on it and walked away. She floored it away and then sent me about 100 text messages over the next few hours ranging from abuse to apology to abuse again. I ignored every one of them at the time and read them all 2-3 days later. 

If you want to get out of a short term  relationship without too much drama, do it as cold as possible and put your fingers in your ears, be aware that they will think you are a dick regardless and you will likely never see them again so there is no point worrying about it. You have probably dodged a bullet. 

Been on both sides of the equation, in both cases on multiple relationships. The first time it happened and I was the wrong side of it was an absolute c**t at the time but looking at it with the gift of perspective it was the biggest blessing of my life. The rest of it was more or less immaturity on various sides, and ignoring the obvious. If you aren’t happy, learn to communicate and deal with the issue.

According to YouGov, one in five British adults has had an affair.  The most common reason for having an affair was feeling flattered by the attention, which was the case for men and women, although the second most common reasons were different between teh sexes, with men saying dissatisfaction with their sex lives was the second reason and women saying feeling emotionally deprived.  Men were most likely to have an affair with a work colleague, women with a friend.

According to the poll tables of men who have had an affair 11% have had five or more affairs.  What's the point in getting married if you have five or more affairs?

https://yougov.co.uk/society/articles/12404-one-five-british-adults-admit-affair

I worked with a woman who was in a long term relationship with a married man - they had an affair for more than ten years.  He had been her manager when she joined on a graduate trainee scheme and they were still engaged in an affair years and years later.  His wife found out and they had to both move teams at work but they carried it on.  You would see them go off for walks at lunchtimes together, not holding hands until they thought no-one could see.

I don't know if they've stopped now (it would be well over twenty years by now) but I know that he is still with his wife.  She is single and, without wishing to sound like one of those online incel Yank dickheads, she has basically wasted the best years of her life on an affair with a guy who was never going to leave his wife for her. If she wanted to meet someone and marry them, have kids etc then you are most likely to do that in your 20s or early 30s and she spent all that time with him. I don't know if she wanted that for herself, I think it's quite possible she didn't, but even so seems a bit of a raw deal for her.

I also know multiple people who are in relationships with people who they started seeing when they were married to, or in a relationship with, someone else.  It'd surely impact on how much you trusted someone if you knew you'd stolen them from their former husband/wife?

48 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

According to the poll tables of men who have had an affair 11% have had five or more affairs.  What's the point in getting married if you have five or more affairs?

It's more expensive to pay for maids/childminders/cooks/prostitutes.

Bear in mind that (IIRC) 4% of the population are psychopaths.