Affairs

BukyOHare

37 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Best "uncovered" affair at my old workplace was the lassie who was married, got knocked up, announced it wasn't her husband that done it, and proceeded to get a court order for five separate lads at work to provide DNA samples to determine paternity. It was lucky number 3.

I'm sure that was an episode of Jeremy Kyle.

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

I got the impression that they'd been invited to the weddings of those people's children, so were terrified that it would considered rude if they didn't reciprocate.

This is precisely how the children of Boomers wedding's work.

There was a Funeral Director at mine. Not that strange I suppose, they are just people after all, and they have lives, children etc. What was odd about this is I'd never met the guy, he was no relation to anyone there, neither me nor the missus invited him, and it turns out he was only there because he'd done the funeral of one of the in-laws' relatives and made such a "nice" job of it they felt it would be rude no to "return the favour". 😐

There were also random farmers I'd never met, who made a point of coming up to explain to me that the reason they were all bailing at 6pm wasn't the food, company, or entertainment, but that they still had sheep and coos to feed that meant getting up at 4am 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Boo Khaki

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

Christmas do at a fancy hotel. We're all staying overnight. One of my (married) colleagues went to chap up one of the sales boys for breakfast and came back to the table agog that one of the (married) receptionists answered his door wrapped in a towel. Was company gossip for a while until it turned out that both were in open relationships. People actually seemed a bit disappointed there'd be no drama.

I heard that the previous year had been particularly spicy, to the point that it was the last time they had an open bar. A new young director drove up for the occasion and met everyone for the first time. One of my colleagues admitted that she got utterly trousered and woke up naked in his bed the next morning. She didn't think anything had happened between them, but she did find out that he had shagged a couple of the other lassies that night. Everyone knew about it and his card was marked with the (older) existing board members from that point.

Whoever organises and suggests such a thing have serious issues. Does it give them the cover for affairs? Possibly.

I can barely spend 8 hours with some of my work colleagues Monday to Friday, let alone spend a night away with them.

Thats probably on me though.

One of my more shameful episodes was not myself cheating but getting involved with a lassie in this situation.  

I regret the action but not the act :ph34r:

Edited by itzdrk

8 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

This is precisely how the children of Boomers wedding's work.

There was a Funeral Director at mine. Not that strange I suppose, they are just people after all, and they have lives, children etc. What was odd about this is I'd never met the guy, he was no relation to anyone there, neither me nor the missus invited him, and it turns out he was only there because he'd done the funeral of one of the in-laws' relatives and made such a "nice" job of it they felt it would be rude no to "return the favour". 😐

There were also random farmers I'd never met, who made a point of coming up to explain to me that the reason they were all bailing at 6pm wasn't the food, company, or entertainment, but that they still had sheep and coos to feed that meant getting up at 4am 🤦‍♂️

There were about 250 people at our wedding and I knew maybe 12-18 of them. The wife knew 30 at most. I think maybe two of the ones I didn't know spoke to us.

There was no booze, food, or music at the reception. That was us being punished for not wanting to do certain things (dancing, for example, even though we had no problem with everyone else doing so). We basically went to the venue, listened to my FIL deliver a very passive-aggressive speech, said hi to our friends/family, cut the cake, and left to go have dinner while everyone stood around wondering why they'd bothered coming.

Suited me just fine, although the wife wasn't very happy about it. Told her we should've just gone with the Elvis idea, but she figured they'd never talk to her again.

Just now, BukyOHare said:

Whoever organises and suggests such a thing have serious issues. Does it give them the cover for affairs? Possibly.

I can barely spend 8 hours with some of my work colleagues Monday to Friday, let alone spend a night away with them.

Thats probably on me though.

Free booze and an expensive meal. Partners were invited (unless you had permission to bone your co-workers, apparently), and the company paid for a hotel room in a picturesque location. There were a few couples who stayed for the meal, then f**ked off to do romantic things immediately afterwards.

Aside from the shenanigans, it was entertaining to find out that several of my colleagues were massive hash smokers outside of hours, and one was developing quite the cocaine habit. People get very loose at works nights for some reason.

25 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

One of my more shameful episodes was not myself cheating but getting involved with a lassie in this situation.  

Which probably begs the question, is the person who consents to seeing somebody they know is already in a relationship, more, less or equally culpable?

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Which probably begs the question, is the person who consents to seeing somebody they know is already in a relationship, more, less or equally culpable?

Equal IMO 

14 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There were about 250 people at our wedding and I knew maybe 12-18 of them. The wife knew 30 at most. I think maybe two of the ones I didn't know spoke to us.

There was no booze, food, or music at the reception. That was us being punished for not wanting to do certain things (dancing, for example, even though we had no problem with everyone else doing so). We basically went to the venue, listened to my FIL deliver a very passive-aggressive speech, said hi to our friends/family, cut the cake, and left to go have dinner while everyone stood around wondering why they'd bothered coming.

Suited me just fine, although the wife wasn't very happy about it. Told her we should've just gone with the Elvis idea, but she figured they'd never talk to her again.

Free booze and an expensive meal. Partners were invited (unless you had permission to bone your co-workers, apparently), and the company paid for a hotel room in a picturesque location. There were a few couples who stayed for the meal, then f**ked off to do romantic things immediately afterwards.

Aside from the shenanigans, it was entertaining to find out that several of my colleagues were massive hash smokers outside of hours, and one was developing quite the cocaine habit. People get very loose at works nights for some reason.

Which probably backs up my original point.

No point in getting all touchy about it if you pardon the pun.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I once went home with a girl who told me quite matter of fact that she would only give me a handjob because she didn’t want to cheat on her boyfriend. This conversation was after getting back to mines. 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Blameless IMO.

The same with 3rd parties in extra-marital affairs. 

They didn't make a commitment to anyone and then legally certify it. They owe f**k all to anyone, and have done nothing wrong. Blame lies entirely with the person who swore to "forsake all others" and then signed a legal contract to do just that.

8 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Blameless IMO.

The same with 3rd parties in extra-marital affairs. 

They didn't make a commitment to anyone and then legally certify it. They owe f**k all to anyone, and have done nothing wrong. Blame lies entirely with the person who swore to "forsake all others" and then signed a legal contract to do just that.

I get what you're saying but I can't see how they're blameless.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Best "uncovered" affair at my old workplace was the lassie who was married, got knocked up, announced it wasn't her husband that done it, and proceeded to get a court order for five separate lads at work to provide DNA samples to determine paternity. It was lucky number 3.

Is "Lucky number 3" code for Dave Grohl? 

Following on from my previous post about co-workers literally swapping wife's, I've just remembered another one where an old neighbour suffered a more extreme 'Giggs brothers' type situation.

Young local couple got married and had 2 kids. Wife subsequently got caught shagging her brother in law and ended up fvcking off and having another sprog with him, so 3 kids by 2 brothers, caused quite the stir at the time. Must cost a fortune in a combination of dad/stepdad/uncle cards for every special occasion.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Well what are you "blaming" them for precisely? Becoming involved with someone when they, themselves are a free-agent and at liberty to do whatever they like?

If someone knowingly gets involved with a married person (particularly if they have a family) then it's shitty behaviour IMO. They're bound to know it'll be devastating when it comes out. The free-agent argument doesn't wash with me.