Raith Rovers v falkirk

10 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Ethan Ross has always flirted with being a good player at this level. If there's manager that can make it happen, it's probably mcglynn. Assuming he can stay fit. 

Ross has been generally good this season. Certainly seems to have upped his effectiveness. Should have scored in the first half though 

35 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

An interesting observation but not what I saw and I was sat in line with our left hand side

Pollock picked up an injury/knock in the 1st half 

Agreed. The ball over the top between Stevenson an Hanlon for Agyeman to chase was obviously a tactic they set out to use but I don’t think it caused us any bother- can’t think of a time he managed to get a cross in or make it into the box in a dangerous way. 
Agyeman does look a handful but I thought we dealt with him well. 
Do Falkirk always use him wide? Seems like he’d do well noising up defenders in the box. 

Pollock didn’t get much change out of the no. 20 though (Adams?). Thought he looked a good player. 

Tait was pretty anonymous which was great to see. Spencer still a class act and I actually thought Ethan Ross was ok- I’d take him back to sit on the bench and run at tired defences for the last 15mins. 

From the Rovers team Easton was great until he began to tire, Hamilton has been the player we thought we were getting when we signed him in the last two games and Hanlon was outstanding at the back. 

Overall I’m not sure we deserved to win the game but it wasn’t exactly robbery. Not a single shot on target for either team (except for the penalty obviously) was not what I expected before the game. 

It’s exactly what we needed, grinding out a result against a team high on confidence.  Hopefully this result combined with finally getting some important bodies back from injury will kick-start the season. 

4 hours ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Liked the press and energy from us. Was a tight game but felt we controlled it and Kev didn’t have a save to make.

hopefully go on a run of wins now and make a run towards the top of the table.

Falkirk are a solid side can see them being mid-table.

Lucky pen, and ridiculous homer of a referee, then deep defence for the rest of the game. "Controlled it", don't know what game you were at? Raith are a stuffy side, can see them being mid-table.

21 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Agreed. The ball over the top between Stevenson an Hanlon for Agyeman to chase was obviously a tactic they set out to use but I don’t think it caused us any bother- can’t think of a time he managed to get a cross in or make it into the box in a dangerous way. 
Agyeman does look a handful but I thought we dealt with him well. 
Do Falkirk always use him wide? Seems like he’d do well noising up defenders in the box. 

Pollock didn’t get much change out of the no. 20 though (Adams?). Thought he looked a good player. 

Tait was pretty anonymous which was great to see. Spencer still a class act and I actually thought Ethan Ross was ok- I’d take him back to sit on the bench and run at tired defences for the last 15mins. 

From the Rovers team Easton was great until he began to tire, Hamilton has been the player we thought we were getting when we signed him in the last two games and Hanlon was outstanding at the back. 

Overall I’m not sure we deserved to win the game but it wasn’t exactly robbery. Not a single shot on target for either team (except for the penalty obviously) was not what I expected before the game. 

It’s exactly what we needed, grinding out a result against a team high on confidence.  Hopefully this result combined with finally getting some important bodies back from injury will kick-start the season. 

We played a different formation today, we played 4-3-3 against Celtic last week to be tighter. We played it today because of injuries. In our normal 4-2-3-1 this season we have been inverting the wingers which lets Alfie come more centrally and lets Adams overlap. 

He's played well but he does hold onto it a bit long. Ross is the same, needs to be more clinical but generally plays well. Why both are second choice in their positions. 

4 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Was always going to happen at some point and no surprise it was today at a tricky venue and given the number of injuries we have 

Everyone at the club should be very proud of the invincible run, the like of which we simply wont see again in our lifetime from ourselves or anyone outside of the arsecheeks 

Would've very much taken 15 points from 6 games before a ball was kicked this season. Onwards and upwards. 

It was mainly league one it’s not some sort of amazing achievement.

As mentioned a few posts up, Adams looks a great player. I watched your game against Celtic and googled him as I hadn’t heard of him and thought he looked class. Mad to think he was playing for Cumbernauld last season. Looks more of a centre back to me than a right back. Not sure if that’s down to injuries though? 

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ross has been generally good this season. Certainly seems to have upped his effectiveness. Should have scored in the first half though 

Was that when he hit the side netting and somehow got a corner? Iv not watched the highlights yet but he was crowded out in fairness, from what I remember. 

20 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It was mainly league one it’s not some sort of amazing achievement.

Not meaning to pick on this post in particular, but seen this sentiment expressed a few times. If it’s not such an amazing achievement, why has no other club in Scotland done it, outside Celtic or Rangers? There’s numerous examples over a large number of seasons of ‘bigger’ clubs playing at levels arguably below where they should be playing, so there has been plenty of opportunities for someone to do it. By all means, rip the pish out of us for losing if you want to, fair enough. But any club in Scotland - outwith the arsecheeks - playing 43 league games in a row without losing a single one is an incredible achievement and to argue otherwise is silly. 

37 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

Lucky pen,

Stonewaller. 

39 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

homer of a referee, 

Makes a change from some of the abominations that have reffed us thus far. 

41 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

"Controlled it", don't know what game you were at? 

I think we dealt with Falkirk quite well today, wouldn't say we were really hanging on. Dare I say I was quite relaxed in comparison to previous weeks where we've thrown away last minute goals. 

42 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

Lucky pen, and ridiculous homer of a referee, then deep defence for the rest of the game. "Controlled it", don't know what game you were at? Raith are a stuffy side, can see them being mid-table.

There was nothing lucky about the penalty. It was a stonewaller that the boy Hamilton put away well. Yes Hogarth got a touch but it was well struck. 

Raith played how I thought they'd play. They got their noses in front and held us at arms length. Tait's diving header apart, I didn't think we looked like scoring all game. 

I'm man enough to give credit to Raith for the way they played, they had to win a game at some point and we had to lose at some point. Taking our injury list into consideration everything pointed to today being the day. 

6 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I would say you badly lack creativity Easton apart. Noone was really creating much at all apart from him. Morrison for us is a massive loss and with him and MacIver out that's nearly 40 goals missing.We only really began to create a bit once we brought on miller and Nesbitt.  Could be an important couple of days for both clubs before the loan window starts. We badly need another striker.

Not in the Championship its not m9

Well done to Falkirk for the 0-0 draw and extending their unbeaten run.

Edited by pantene proV

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Did you not bring out a strip to commemorate finishing second in a cup this week? Oft

Yes, yes we did. Well spotted.

Clearly I was taking the pure pish out my own shambles of a club and you didn't quite get it.

I really must make myself clearer.

Not too sure what to make of that game really, as very little seemed to happen in it. 

I thought Rovers stood off Falkirk a bit too much in the first half, and while we were never really threatened, in terms of possession, it felt like we were dropping deep to defend against a team higher up the food chain. 

In fairness though, there was a moment quite close to the start of the second period where we really pressed quickly, and Falkirk done really well to break it and we looked in trouble before it broke down, so I suppose that explained why we did sit deep. 

Dylan Easton was excellent again for us, and his last two performances have been as good as we've seen from him since that win in Tannadice. Class. 

I don't think either 'keeper had a save to make until Dabrowski became involved in the stramash at the end., which probably says a lot about the game in general. 

If I was a Falkirk fan I'd be worried about John McGlynn suggesting Ross MacIver may be out for a couple of months.

He very much seems to be a manager that has bad luck with injuries.