What's The 'Poshest' Thing You've Ever Done?

10 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

I went for a sh*t at House of Bruar.

I was once in a knife fight in there. I was on the receiving end of a rather large slashing of my thumb from knuckle to knuckle and the first aider woman run over to me as I was swaying side to side and ... pushed the clothing rails away from me so I never got blood on the garments.

Spoiler

I was doing an install in the shop and cut my own thumb trying to hack open the hessian bags it was delivered in. 

8 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I've been racking my brain but I cannot think of anything I've done that could be labelled 'posh'.

However, many years ago, I took my girlfriend (now Mrs. F_P) for a drive around Perthshire and we ended up at House of Bruar where we went for a stroll in the woods and enjoyed a bit of 'al fresco friskiness' amongst the trees. We were picking pine needles out of our underpinnings for hours.

I don't consider an outdoor shag at HoB as posh though. 😲

8 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

I did notice recently that "took the missus up the house of Bruar" had entered the Scottish vernacular.

8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It is classier than taking her up the Brodie Countryfare.

When we were courting the now Mrs a-p mkII did, and still does, comment on how she liked it when I took her up the Ochils. 

7 hours ago, philpy said:

Must have been in a hurry to check the rangers score.

Would be funny if the reason the Queen walked fast as fcuk is that she always left Buckingham Palace garden parties with ten minutes to go, to get to the underground and beat the crowds.

I once went along as a guest to an officers' dinner at Edinburgh Castle. My old man was a retired captain in the TA - I went along as his driver really. Anyway, the head honcho hosting the dinner was hyper posh and asked that we excuse his poor enunciation as he had a terrible cold. But, he continued, it was a full blown, blue-blooded cold as he'd caught it directly from Her Maj. 

Newly commissioned officers had to stand on the table and make a speech. Port was passed. Much drink was taken - my old man spent much of the journey home with his head out of the car window. 

A bizarre experience all in all.

I once went with a work colleague to a shop that sold hot potatoes where you choose various toppings.  While almost everyone went for butter and grated cheese, I chose cottage cheese and chives.  

As far as my colleague was concerned I was obviously a toff.

9 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I once went with a work colleague to a shop that sold hot potatoes where you choose various toppings.  While almost everyone went for butter and grated cheese, I chose cottage cheese and chives.  

images.jfif

9 hours ago, Fullerene said:

images.jfif

I attended a conference at one of the Oxford colleges after which I, and several colleagues, hired a punt for a spot of jolly boating. No straw hats or stripey blazers but a sizeable carry-out. Propelling these things with a pole is harder than it looks. Not my natural milieu and less enjoyable than the Swannie Ponds.