2nd vs The Invincibles

23 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

"...but I think we came here, we got a wee bit of a fright with the fans and we didn't really do anything that we wanted to do..."

Presumably what they wanted to do was anything other than fall to bits from some opposition fans singing songs.

Wonder how they will cope with the fixtures around Halloween.

9 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Really enjoyed it today. We played well and totally dominated the team that are currently top of the league.

The young lad at right back for Ayr, number 32, now it might have been an off day but he’s the worst player I’ve seen against us for a long time. And that includes the years in the seaside leagues.

He's only just turned 18 last week and at that age you're going to have games like that especially playing against someone as awkward and pacey as Ethan Ross. 

Looks an excellent prospect in other games I've seen him play, yesterday nobody really turned up for Ayr so incredibly harsh to highlight him.

Keelan Adams in comparison turns 23 next month, 5 years his senior.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Played Lowland League until this year and miles ahead. 

Suppose you've got to hang onto something positive now he's been shown up as bang average.

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's only just turned 18 last week and at that age you're going to have games like that especially playing against someone as awkward and pacey as Ethan Ross. 

Looks an excellent prospect in other games I've seen him play, yesterday nobody really turned up for Ayr so incredibly harsh to highlight him.

I never compared him to Adams nor did I mention anything about his age or potential future ability.

I said that his performance yesterday was one of the worst overall performances I’ve seen from an opposition player vs Falkirk.

He may well go on to have a great career, I indeed hope he does, but he was absolutely garbage yesterday.

1 hour ago, MulsonFFC said:

His interview is a weird mix of refreshing as it is car crash.....

Correctly praising Falkirk for their domination of the game, somewhat too much if you are an Ayr fan.

The comments about the team being spooked by the fans (must have been the 3 mins we sang in).

Really tears into his own players which won't be too healthy.

Hilarious stuff 🤣

Yeah, I thought his ‘11 places are up for grabs’ was pretty unhealthy for any manager to come out with.

14 minutes ago, KiwiDB said:

Yeah, I thought his ‘11 places are up for grabs’ was pretty unhealthy for any manager to come out with.

John McGlynn focused his week on finding a solution to a potential striker issue that due to his ability as a coach and due diligence he solved to a brilliant standard.

Scott Brown spent this week doing ‘hilarious’ interviews being insulting towards Morelos (who’s not played in Scotland for 2 years) to gain favour with Celtic fans.

It’s all about levels and focus.

We are lucky to have John as our manager.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

16 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Scott brown saying in his interview that the ayr players got a fright from our fans. #crowdwank

😂

15 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

That was a shocking display. When I saw the lineup I couldn’t understand what Brown was thinking and so it proved. Falkirk were competent no more no less. Good movement off the ball and quick to turn defence into attack. But we were just terrible, played ourselves into trouble so many times it became embarrassing. Never really looked a goal threat, midfield second to every ball and defensively a shambles. However, Brown has to take some of the blame for the players he put out and the poor tactics.

He did just that in his interview.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Both played a the same number of senior league games mind you.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

What other games have you seen him play? He didn’t play in the league cup game. 

To be fair 18 is very young for playing regularly at this level (and great to see) and you would expect inconsistency, never seen him before but he was bang average yesterday so can't judge him more than that.

If he gets 5 years professional level 1st team experience by the time he gets to 23 then he could be better than Adams at the same age.... All hypothetical and not really worth comparing.

Edited by MulsonFFC

52 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We could just use this thread for our game against Falkirk on Tues, but calling yourself the Invincibles because you hadn't lost a league game didn't work out too good. Wouldn't want to tempt fate.

It worked out just fine.

43 league games unbeaten is surely something to celebrate.

55 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We could just use this thread for our game against Falkirk on Tues, but calling yourself the Invincibles because you hadn't lost a league game didn't work out too good. Wouldn't want to tempt fate.

An Ayr fan created the thread, the invincibles was in relation to the fact they hadn't lost a game in the league. 

Wouldn't want to point out your stupidity though.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It worked out just fine.

43 league games unbeaten is surely something to celebrate.

He's talking about Ayr, if you understand the thread title and who started it 😂

Edited by MulsonFFC

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

23 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

An Ayr fan created the thread, the invincibles was in relation to the fact they hadn't lost a game in the league. 

I read the post by @LIVIFOREVER as a dig at Ayr fans

50 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He was having a go at Ayr fans