Aberdeen v Hearts - Sunday 6th Oct - 3pm

3 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

i know what you mean but I don't see that happening this time. If we were playing a team one point in front of us then that would be different. We were playing against the team challenging for top spot on their own pitch and we matched them. 

giphy.webp

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The rugby team is slightly better . . .

Screenshot_20241006_181853_Chrome.jpg

It's been funny reading the Edinburgh press over the last few years. The barely disguised venom about Glasgow rugby from the columnists and the tears and snotters in the comments section of the Hootsmon have been quite the thing.

5 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

i know what you mean but I don't see that happening this time. If we were playing a team one point in front of us then that would be different. We were playing against the team challenging for top spot on their own pitch and we matched them. 

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

"We just need our Japanese keeper to get a work permit"

tumblr_oylxzeaemE1vbcnq8o1_500.gif

I remember typing a "we'll be fine" post after a narrow loss to St Johnstone in the early part of that season. Then before you know it it's February and you're marooned (no punt intended) at the bottom. Though there's a few teams with The Whiff this season so who knows. 

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hearts were good, surely their best domestic performance of the season. We were pish but have to credit hearts for spooking us. I think they pressed us into a lot of errors and it shook our confidence. 

Vargas and Grant should be chased out.

Im not really sure how we won tbh. Mental how this is all going so far. 

Mental yes, enjoyable definitely 😁 

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

We've seen teams like this before.

"Too good to go down"

"We'll come good".

"It's just a slow start".

Amazing how often their season never kick starts.

Once a team gets into a rut of losing it's hard to turn it round - I should know as we're in something of a losing rut ourselves.

I Hope Please GIF

Just now, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Why are the Aberdeen fans polluting this thread with rugby shite?  

Wanted to make the Edinburgh readers feel more at home with a sport that's more suited to their city.

4 minutes ago, milton75 said:

It's been funny reading the Edinburgh press over the last few years. The barely disguised venom about Glasgow rugby from the columnists and the tears and snotters in the comments section of the Hootsmon have been quite the thing.

What the f**k are you pair doing?

It's P&B, not broomstick up the arsehole for the loser if the biscuit game...........

11 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

You looked like you could win until you went ahead, then just decided to retreat and foul instead of continuing what had got you the lead in the first place. From our equaliser onwards, there was only one team in it.

Thought Boateng was excellent. Vargas, dreadful.

Totally agree, Hearts totally changed the way they played once they were ahead and as you say there was only one team looked like winning it then.