Aberdeen v Hearts - Sunday 6th Oct - 3pm

4 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I've seen quite a lot of Aberdeen tbh.  

These are all facts.   You've got the best chance conversion rate in the league by a distance,  taking nearly 20% of your chances 

You've conceded more xG against than you've created In 3 of your 7 wins

Your xG is being outperformed in number of goals by almost 100% which is amazing but unsustainable.

You've played well, but not that well and these things will even out over the long run unless you play better

Oooh, I missed that one.  It's easy, sometimes you need only a few chance and take them, that's top level.  Other times (e.g. Hertz today) you can get open goal opportunities and are not good enough to take them.  Generally gets reflected in the score.

22 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Thought we were poor today especially in midfield Nilsson and shinnie were poor but how poor is shankland his teammates put in the effort and he just jogged about 

Did he actually reach jogging pace?

Some result for Aberdeen, what a run they are on. Genuinely brilliant stuff, looking forward to playing them next.

I have noticed considering the amount of heads gone after the Celtic winner today there is a distinct lack of criticism of the referee for not booking Palaversa for the same celebration as Kuhn.

We don’t really want players booked for moments like that do we? 

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

These are all facts.   You've got the best chance conversion rate in the league by a distance,  taking nearly 20% of your chances 

Your xG is being outperformed in number of goals by almost 100% which is amazing but unsustainable.

You've played well, but not that well and these things will even out over the long run unless you play better

All irrelevant

Hearts have had the 2nd most touches in the box of any team in the league this season / more possession in every game bar today.

However Hearts are utterly shite

12 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Which player has had the most shots in the league?

19 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Just you cuddle up to your xG while we enjoy the 3 points. 

23 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I'm sure our xG will even out over the season but it's not the best indication for who deserves to win individual games. Gamestate can have a big impact and given for most of our games this season we've been leading from early on (3 minutes of the game today is the only time we've been behind this season). It makes sense in these games that we'll sit back against other teams who'll have more of a go at us than they would normally as they're losing.

Edited by Donte Polvara
spelling

I thought Aberdeen were quite poor today, given the ball away particularly in the midfield. Keskinen failing to track back and support Devlin was a significant issue. It was surprising that Aberdeen weren't 3-1 down by half-time given the number of chances Hearts created. In the second half, I hoped for an improvement, but there was little change, with Hearts squandering another excellent opportunity. When Hearts eventually scored, it was crucial that we equalised almost immediately. The game shifted after Grant was sent off—what on earth was he thinking? Duk was a constant threat to Hearts when he come on as a sub, and his run and cross for Palaversa’s goal, struck into the top corner, was superb.

If Hearts keep playing like that, they certainly won't stay near the bottom for long and could still challenge us for third. Aberdeen are having their fair share of luck, but that's now 16 wins in 17 games.

9 consecutive victories over Hearts at Pittodrie.

What a fantastic time to be a Dandy Dons fan!

Edited by betting competition

10 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I thought Aberdeen were quite poor today, given the ball away particularly in the midfield. Keskinen failing to track back and support Devlin was a significant issue. It was surprising that Aberdeen weren't 3-1 down by half-time given the number of chances Hearts created. In the second half, I hoped for an improvement, but there was little change, with Hearts squandering another excellent opportunity. When Hearts eventually scored, it was crucial that we equalised almost immediately. The game shifted after Grant was sent off—what on earth was he thinking? Duk was a constant threat to Hearts when he come on as a sub, and his run and cross for Palaversa’s goal, struck into the top corner, was superb.

If Hearts keep playing like that, they certainly won't stay near the bottom for long and could still challenge us for third. Aberdeen are having their fair share of luck, but that's now 16 wins in 17 games.

9 consecutive victories over Hearts at Pittodrie.

What a fantastic time to be a Dandy Dons fan!

Behave.

Bottom six fodder.

xG in Scottish football is such a nonsense because it doesn't take into account how crap most of the strikers are. 

Case in point Kenneth Vargas. You can give him 10 changes of an xG of 1 and he'll miss 11 of them. 

Anyway, never easy for bottom to come to joint top so you have to say if Hearts play like that next year at Morton and such they'll likely be right back up. 

3 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Screenshot_20241006_175819_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f00fa7c30431878310d5ff58a9c89db6.jpg

200w(2).gif.464b1d79ea8e9d91f08a03d9d7cae7b6.gif

200w(1).gif.dca601fae8f672bc399cc00d9ec61a95.gif

deep-sea.gif.c9e6e5dd65a40a964a7f5a6ec9b41dca.gif

Screenshot_20241006_175851_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5470570b3d4f7bca5e2b9a2642f3be46.jpg

f**king brilliant mate

Where has Cameron disappeared to these days 

Bit like the Hearts, disappeared off my screen

Edited by Sheep62

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

We've seen teams like this before.

"Too good to go down"

"We'll come good".

"It's just a slow start".

Amazing how often their season never kick starts.

Once a team gets into a rut of losing it's hard to turn it round - I should know as we're in something of a losing rut ourselves.

As much as it would absolutely hilarious to see them relegated yet AGAIN, they’ll be fine once they get a decent manager in. (IF they get a decent manager).