Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Paper tinks. People who rather than buy a paper in the shop before work, happily read the ones you leave in your bag in the canteen. I can just about tolerate them reading yesterdays papers when I'm finished with them, but actually going into your bag, reading todays paper (sometimes before you have a chance to) then putting it back is taking the piss! Scum of the fucking earth!

<<<< Seething.

Paper tinks. People who rather than buy a paper in the shop before work, happily read the ones you leave in your bag in the canteen. I can just about tolerate them reading yesterdays papers when I'm finished with them, but actually going into your bag, reading todays paper (sometimes before you have a chance to) then putting it back is taking the piss! Scum of the fucking earth!

<<<< Seething.

And they also the fuckers that can't fold it again properly so the pages are all out of line and squint......

Death by a million paper cuts for these b*****ds.

The "so, are you having a day off work?" question is so weirdly specific that I'm slightly paranoid that they're waiting for a "no, I'm unemployed" response in order to mark accounts for closure :P

They know your address and they are looking for people out for a couple of hours so that their pal can tan yer hoose.

The crowd of obese (generally young) women clogging up the corridor at work as they wait for the lift to take them down one floor. They all have cans of Diet Coke and "bling" mobiles in front of their faces as Charmaine is messaging them from the shops and MASSIVE bags of Doritos are on sale at the pound shop for a quid ..."OMG!"

The letting agents from whom we rent our flat has gone up the shitter, meaning we won't get our £1,000 deposit back in the summer.

Under the new rules, any deposit for a rental in Scotland should be secured in one of the three Scottish secured rental schemes. Look into it.

The letting agents from whom we rent our flat has gone up the shitter, meaning we won't get our £1,000 deposit back in the summer.

It might be too late for you, but when I heard mine was going under a few years ago I went straight down the office and demanded the deposit, and said I wasn't leaving till I got it. Compared to the money they owed it was insignificant so they handed it over.

P.S. I can't remember the details about whether I'd already ended the tenancy or was about to, or was staying a while longer.

Edited by welshbairn

Under the new rules, any deposit for a rental in Scotland should be secured in one of the three Scottish secured rental schemes. Look into it.

Just spoken to my girlfriend, I'm not sure how she knows this but apparently our deposit wasn't paid into such a thing. Looks like they knew they were going under a while ago.

Refuse to pay them any rent until then

Don't worry, I wasn't planning on it, since they're not a company anymore. :1eye

It might be too late for you, but when I heard mine was going under a few years ago I went straight down the office and demanded the deposit, and said I wasn't leaving till I got it. Compared to the money they owed it was insignificant so they handed it over.

P.S. I can't remember the details about whether I'd already ended the tenancy or was about to, or was staying a while longer.

They phoned me last week to say that the ownership of the flat was changing hands, since then they've probably packed up and fucked off out of their office.

Just spoken to my girlfriend, I'm not sure how she knows this but apparently our deposit wasn't paid into such a thing. Looks like they knew they were going under a while ago.

Don't worry, I wasn't planning on it, since they're not a company anymore. :1eye

They phoned me last week to say that the ownership of the flat was changing hands, since then they've probably packed up and fucked off out of their office.

Ultimately the owner (eta - owner of the property, not the agent) is liable for your deposit. If it's not in a scheme you can simply take the matter to the small claims court and you'll be automatically awarded 3x the deposit amount. Merry Christmas! Edited by Shandon Par

<<<< Seething.

Yup, encountered this a lot.

If someone asks "Have I finished with the paper", or if they can read it if I am not, no problem batter in but the paper lurkers I cant stand.

I used to work in East Kilbride many moons ago and would travel up by bus from Glasgow which would take an hour or so.

Every Sunday there was an old guy who would get on at the same time and stop as me, as I got off at EK centre I would sometimes forget my News of the World (I know I know but it did have good sports sections honest!!) and leave it on the seat, by the time I had realised and turned round the auld fella had practically vaulted several seats to pick it up and start reading, as he obviously stayed on to wherever the bus went next.

For whatever reason this irked me a bit, I could always tell he was watching and waiting for me to finish reading during every trip.

After a while, I took to deliberately leaving the paper on the seat, getting up and moving off the bus before quickly turning round and picking up the paper again just as he was going to get it, then marching off the bus and squishing it into the bin at the terminus just to see the look of rage on his face, but as it was my paper he could do nothing or say nothing about.

In work I try and follow a similar method, I put it down in the canteen table and then move off a bit, as soon as I see the Paper Lurkers heading in, I rush in, greet with a cheery smile and a "Whoops, forgot my paper, what am I like eh!".

Very enjoyable.

Yup, encountered this a lot.

If someone asks "Have I finished with the paper", or if they can read it if I am not, no problem batter in but the paper lurkers I cant stand.

I used to work in East Kilbride many moons ago and would travel up by bus from Glasgow which would take an hour or so.

Every Sunday there was an old guy who would get on at the same time and stop as me, as I got off at EK centre I would sometimes forget my News of the World (I know I know but it did have good sports sections honest!!) and leave it on the seat, by the time I had realised and turned round the auld fella had practically vaulted several seats to pick it up and start reading, as he obviously stayed on to wherever the bus went next.

For whatever reason this irked me a bit, I could always tell he was watching and waiting for me to finish reading during every trip.

After a while, I took to deliberately leaving the paper on the seat, getting up and moving off the bus before quickly turning round and picking up the paper again just as he was going to get it, then marching off the bus and squishing it into the bin at the terminus just to see the look of rage on his face, but as it was my paper he could do nothing or say nothing about.

In work I try and follow a similar method, I put it down in the canteen table and then move off a bit, as soon as I see the Paper Lurkers heading in, I rush in, greet with a cheery smile and a "Whoops, forgot my paper, what am I like eh!".

Very enjoyable.

Brilliant. Must admit it's something that's never crossed my mind. I would always start at the sports and when I was done folk would say oh you done now. And I would just smile and say no haha but would leave it on the table and the lurkers would get to it

Brilliant. Must admit it's something that's never crossed my mind. I would always start at the sports and when I was done folk would say oh you done now. And I would just smile and say no haha but would leave it on the table and the lurkers would get to it

Haha, Ach I dont do every day, now and again though its good to wind them up, for all it costs you would think they could just buy one they put that much effort into getting one.

Do you have contact details for who owns the flat. I would be in touch with them straight away strongly advising them to put your deposit in a scheme. It is their responsibility.

As for not paying rent you owe it to someone so you had better find out who. The likelihood is you are on a short assured tenancy. One month without rent and you could be out.

Edited by invergowrie arab