Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The trick is to go in first, then flog one. Proclaim 'sorry biys, I'll stay in for another' then actually try.

When you're then scored against you've already been in for 2 and when your turn comes back around, you're skipped and get a longer run outfield.

Brains, beauty n' #Ballin.

Did someone call for a lazy fatty?

I take it the old 'only spectacular goals count' rule isn't still in effect these days? That tended to scunner the bawbags to a degree.

Wasn't there a story a couple of weeks ago about some bloke in China selling "fresh air".

An elderly relative who lived in London at the end of WW2 used to tell me that Yank soldiers bought tins of London Smog to take home as a souvenir.

Charity muggers. The same 3 folk stand in the area next to my work and everyday when I go out of the building for meetings etc they catch me and likewise when I'm going back in. Fucking annoying, how many times do they need told - I happily give to charity but not to random c***s on the street - I set up the direct debits myself when I decide I want to, no being guilt tripped by arseholes calling me 'darling' one even started walking up the street with me!

Charity muggers. The same 3 folk stand in the area next to my work and everyday when I go out of the building for meetings etc they catch me and likewise when I'm going back in. Fucking annoying, how many times do they need told - I happily give to charity but not to random c***s on the street - I set up the direct debits myself when I decide I want to, no being guilt tripped by arseholes calling me 'darling' one even started walking up the street with me!

They've started infecting the shopping centres too. Between them, the PPI b*****ds, the AA and the Sky tossers, all wandering about trying to catch your eye it's getting so that you're on edge before you even get started with the shoplifting.

Find out which charity they work for and report them. Charities should not be able to indulge in these tactics any more than anyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if they're employed by a third party agency also taking a cut from donations.

There's one who stands inside WH Smith on Sauchiehall Street, but still shouts "Help the Brain Tumour Charity" at full volume any time anyone passes him.

Arsehole.

Shelter seem particularly bad for this in the Forth Valley. Terrible faux-mateyness and following people who clearly aren't interested. If they aren't on commission, they're seriously misguided with their used car dealer approach.

Who gives their bank details to a stranger on the street anyway?

Staff in fast-food joints who are programmed to regurgitate a series of fixed questions regardless of the response you give.

I'm exaggerating for effect here, but still.

Call centre staff are just as bad.

Phoned my catalogue a few years ago to place an order.

Once through and whilst waiting on my order "being processed. "We have a couple of offers on your account sir"

1st 1 is the England top. "I'm Scottish mate"

2nd 1 is the England tracksuit. "Still Scottish bud"

Edited by Gaz FFC

Aw, and I thought that you and me were pals BFTD.

Like I telt you, 50p for a cup of tea is fine, but setting up a direct debit is just pushing things a wee bit.

I do admire your chutzpah, though.

In a similar vein, some bint in the Overgate shopping centre asked me 5 times if I wanted Sky TV in the space of about half an hour (ie walking back and forth between shops). The place wasnt exactly heaving. Surely she would have remembered my debonair looks and long flowing golden locks.

She was a wid not, before anyone asks.

Ginger lassie?