Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Something for nothing mentality.

Cut a long story short, a deceased police officer's family tried and failed to sue the bloke's employer for failing to suitably protect him against a gunman who shot him. B.T.W. he didn't die in the incident.

We could get into debate about nature if the job etc...but that's not my point here.

The family lost the case and were told they had to pay the legal costs on both sides. Now they are claiming insensitivity etc by the force for asking them to pay.

So, they expect the taxpayer to subsidise their claim. Fair enough IF they were going to give the money back if they had won...but i doubt it.

People who press the button at a pedestrian crossing, then cross without waiting for the lights to change.

Annoys me when I'm driving but must confess to sometimes doing the same when in pedestrian mode. Most times however I don't press the button but wait for a break in traffic and cross.

I regularly cross a pedestrian crossing on my way from house to pub.

The problem is the lights make you wait forever to change.

If in the period I'm waiting if a gap appears in both lanes, I will just cross and not wait on the wee green man.

The worst are the ones who hit the button when the road is dead. They then wait on the wee green man.

See if you aren't a child or have a child with you. You don't need to act like a child and may cross the road ya fucking roaster.

Back to pedestrian crossings - jaywalking can get you a fine of up to $1,000 in the US and a criminal record. That's not even terribly uncommon in the rest of the world. I'd have thought the risk of serious physical damage or death would be enough of a deterrent, but apparently not.

Hate, hate, hate drivers that give up the right of way when there is no need, for example when I am turning right at a junction and for no reason an oncoming car slows to allow me to go.......don't do it, it just causes confusion and leads to both cars stuttering forward wondering who is going to go - angry typing about it.

Should only happen in a queue situation where allowing one out as you pass keeps traffic flowing, for example road works or coming away from an event where loads of cars have parked.

Arnold Clark and other car dealers. I don't care how many little balloons you attach to the cars on the forecourt, I'm still not buying one. Who in their right mind could be inticed into parting with thousands of pounds just because of some fluttery balloons?