Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Watched my nephew playing football this morning. His team got bodied 17-0 (but they don't count scores), but his team were told "they played well, they had some good touches and they were unlucky". The coaching system in this country is completely f*cked. I mean, imagine as a coach watching your team being bodied but because of the way you were taught to coach you can't get torn into them. Absolute joke.

In TV soaps and plays when there is a controversial or distressing storyline a voice-over at the end tells us to contact crisis counsellors if we have been affected by the storyline yet very rarely do the people in the programme contact these counsellors. If they are so good why aren't they brought in to deal with the crisis.

Why do people on TV soaps never watch soaps on the telly?

How do people in soaps all manage to get jobs within a 100 yards of where they live?

How can working families (or even non-working families) in soaps afford to go out to the local cafe so often to have breakfast/lunch/tea?

In TV soaps and plays when there is a controversial or distressing storyline a voice-over at the end tells us to contact crisis counsellors if we have been affected by the storyline yet very rarely do the people in the programme contact these counsellors. If they are so good why aren't they brought in to deal with the crisis.

Why do people on TV soaps never watch soaps on the telly?

How do people in soaps all manage to get jobs within a 100 yards of where they live?

How can working families (or even non-working families) in soaps afford to go out to the local cafe so often to have breakfast/lunch/tea?

Dot Cotton mentioned watching Corrie when it was having an anniversary. I do wonder what's on TV in Walford at 7:30pm on Tuesdays on BBC One. Presumably The Weakest Link, since that tune still appears to always be playing when characters are sitting in front of their TVs.

I don't like alcohol. I don't need alcohol.

Every single weekend, I get bored, then I go out and drink for two days.

Am I leading a life destined for the gutter?

The old Sunday night blues. They'll pass mate!

FWIW I had a serious think to myself about eight weeks ago, wondering if it was all worth it. I've had a few beers since, but nothing to the extent I was doing previously, and I have to say I do feel much better for it...

It's definitely something I need to put out there. Not sure this is the place though! I was heading into the pub yesterday and thinking 'what am I even doing here?'

Then proceeded to chuck about £200 away and get home about 6 tonight.

I don't know if I need help, need a different circle of friends or just need to pack up and fùck off elsewhere.

Something needs decided, that's for sure.

One of our neighbours has his own business which started off with one van, but now he has two, and a car. It's hard enough Getting parked at times, but this is making it worse. The annoying thing is, the spaces aren't classed as private or residents only, nor are there any bays marked out, so nothing can be done.

It's definitely something I need to put out there. Not sure this is the place though! I was heading into the pub yesterday and thinking 'what am I even doing here?'

I don't know if I need help, need a different circle of friends or just need to pack up and fùck off elsewhere.

Just hang on in there, when you're 30 a gene kicks in to make sure you're not hungover for the Antiques Road Show.

Edited by welshbairn

One of our neighbours has his own business which started off with one van, but now he has two, and a car. It's hard enough Getting parked at times, but this is making it worse. The annoying thing is, the spaces aren't classed as private or residents only, nor are there any bays marked out, so nothing can be done.

Yes, nothing can be done. Nothing at all.....

:evil laugh:

We need photos Philpy, before we can pass judgement.

It's dark. Oh, and he's a soldier (leaving soon though) who is seen as the golden boy by some of the other neighbours, and he runs one of those boot camps, which a few of them attend. He's actually quite a sound lad, but there's plenty of other places he can park his vans, including an industrial estate round the back.

Different circle of friends. It's the least difficult way out of a rut and much easier to deal with than upping sticks and finding it all going tits up.

Join a gym if you don't go to one and spend a couple of hours there each day at the weekend. You'll feel much more of an achievement than if you get tanked up and spend the next two days regretting the money you've pissed away, eating hangover garbage and generally lying on the bathroom floor in the foetal position (as per my hangovers these days).

I genuinely find hanging around with people other than the ones who get me on the usual drunken downers is a massive help.