Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Pish, it's much more enjoyable when you win so better off looking at what went wrong, also even if people aren't professional at things they still want to improve themselves. Wouldn't go overboard with being angry or let it bother you for too long either though, it's just a game.

Who is it you play for?

Watched my nephew playing football this morning. His team got bodied 17-0 (but they don't count scores), but his team were told "they played well, they had some good touches and they were unlucky". The coaching system in this country is completely f*cked. I mean, imagine as a coach watching your team being bodied but because of the way you were taught to coach you can't get torn into them. Absolute joke.

Depends what age you're talking here. U17's and upwards, aye, scream in their faces and tell them they're playing shite football and it needs to change. 

If you're talking younger years (if the scorelines are 17-0 then I'd assume young children) then I'd completely disagree that the "coaching system is fucked" because they're not tearing them a new one for getting beat. If weans were getting fucking roasted for getting beat at football then you'd fine that the majority would pack it in immediately. It's a far better approach to let them move and forget such drubbings, whilst working on the mistakes in a less than aggressive manner. 

Depends what age you're talking here. U17's and upwards, aye, scream in their faces and tell them they're playing shite football and it needs to change.

If you're talking younger years (if the scorelines are 17-0 then I'd assume young children) then I'd completely disagree that the "coaching system is fucked" because they're not tearing them a new one for getting beat. If weans were getting fucking roasted for getting beat at football then you'd fine that the majority would pack it in immediately. It's a far better approach to let them move and forget such drubbings, whilst working on the mistakes in a less than aggressive manner.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, what's to be gained by an adult tearing strips off some young kids till they are greetin and pack it in, kids should be taught to play football the correct way, if all the focus is on results and score lines then, if it's anything like when I was young you will punt it to the biggest/fastest guy on the pitch and learn nothing about playing football.

Genuinely never though I'd be one of those saying it's not about winning but until about U16s I think it's more important to learn how to play football and try to pass it, control it and the basics of playing the game and enjoying it.

There is no "correct way of playing football" - and it's certainly not being carried out by any side shipping seventeen goals. I don't think that you need to scream in anyone's face in order to change that approach into one that isn't so obviously crap.

The phrase "nobody should ever go to the football and never return home".

On football phrases: "he 'just about' kept that in/got that over the line/got a hand to it".

No, he didn't "just about" do it, he did fecking do it!

Girl in work today asked me if I was going home for the summer, assuming I was a student transferred in from some other part of the country like her, who comes from some island somewhere. Probably the one they filmed The Wicker Man on. When I told her no, I live her, she's astonished. Apparently I sound like I'm from Edinburgh. The same judgement - "or maybe Inverness" - came from someone else who's known me even longer. They barely speak English in Inverness ffs. I've never been so insulted in my life.