Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Watched my nephew playing football this morning. His team got bodied 17-0 (but they don't count scores), but his team were told "they played well, they had some good touches and they were unlucky". The coaching system in this country is completely f*cked. I mean, imagine as a coach watching your team being bodied but because of the way you were taught to coach you can't get torn into them. Absolute joke.

Our team got absolutely shafted today (I lost count after 7) and in similar fashion there are some boys on our chat spouting pish like "horrible game but we move on and forget it". Considering the utter embarrassment of today's game I cracked at this point and pointed out that no, we shouldn't be fucking forgetting it. We should be discussing how fucking dreadful we were and pointing out areas that were particularly bad so as not to get horsed like that again in the future! Move on by f**k :angry:

Our team got absolutely shafted today (I lost count after 7) and in similar fashion there are some boys on our chat spouting pish like "horrible game but we move on and forget it". Considering the utter embarrassment of today's game I cracked at this point and pointed out that no, we shouldn't be fucking forgetting it. We should be discussing how fucking dreadful we were and pointing out areas that were particularly bad so as not to get horsed like that again in the future! Move on by f**k :angry:

Unless you play professional football then who cares? You absolutely should just move on and forget it.

Unless you play professional football then who cares? You absolutely should just move on and forget it.

Pish, it's much more enjoyable when you win so better off looking at what went wrong, also even if people aren't professional at things they still want to improve themselves. Wouldn't go overboard with being angry or let it bother you for too long either though, it's just a game.

^^^The ramblings of a Dundonian on an awful b*****d of a come-down IMO.

Wait til the Monday blues hit you tomorrow.

Posted 0024 Monday.

Keep this up, Milly, and I'll be referring to Tom McBs as 8MileBUs.

Pish, it's much more enjoyable when you win so better off looking at what went wrong, also even if people aren't professional at things they still want to improve themselves. Wouldn't go overboard with being angry or let it bother you for too long either though, it's just a game.

You say pish, then agree with my post. Obviously you'd prefer to win, but anyone playing Sunday League and demanding to analyse performances after games to work out what went wrong (in a double figures pumping it would be a lot of things, on particular that the other team are just better) is wasting their time massively.

The goals conceded weren't one offs. They were all pretty preventable believe it or not. A lot of the guys in the team seriously don't understand what marking is. They think standing beside someone until the ball is crossed is all it takes :lol: The amount of goals we lose due this is unbelievable and unfortunately for us we came up against a side that punished us completely for it this week.

I know what you are saying, but I don't agree. Sunday league is Sunday league and obviously it's nothing serious, but getting gubbed in that manner was completely embarrassing at any level and something I don't want to experience again. So trying to explain to boys how to mark a man shouldn't be taking it too far IMO.

Fwiw I'm far calmer now about it. A combination of that and Boro's shambolic performance really made me a foaming mouthed mess last night :ph34r:

I know what you are saying, but I don't agree. Sunday league is Sunday league and obviously it's nothing serious, but getting gubbed in that manner was completely embarrassing at any level and something I don't want to experience again. So trying to explain to boys how to mark a man shouldn't be taking it too far IMO.

Sounds like something to be worked on at training rather than a group chat IMO

Sounds like something to be worked on at training rather than a group chat IMO

It wasn't getting discussed on the group chat, I was just pointing out on the group chat that we shouldn't just be "forgetting about it" we should be working on it so it doesn't happen again. Either way it won't happen and we'll get cuffed again in the same manner. Useless c***s :lol:

It wasn't getting discussed on the group chat, I was just pointing out on the group chat that we shouldn't just be "forgetting about it" we should be working on it so it doesn't happen again. Either way it won't happen and we'll get cuffed again in the same manner. Useless c***s :lol:

How many were you at fault for?

:P

How many were you at fault for?

:P

Being the 'keeper you could argue, all of them :lol: I did save two out of the THREE penalties awarded against us though! Shambles :lol::(

Edited by 19QOS19

You would think you would look after your hands a bit better if you were a keeper.

Indeed. When that happened I asked the nurse if I would be able to play football that week. She said she wouldn't advise it but if I padded it well it should be ok. When I told her I played in goal I thought she was going to call the mental health unit :lol: