Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

PTTGOYN - Change, specifically change for change's sake. Don't like this new layout, bring back the old one.

Very much this.

I use some niche software and they're forever fixing bugs with new versions which contain far more annoying, often work stopping bugs that weren't in the version before.

F*** ye's, give me the old installer no longer available online and I don't care if you're team won't support it is the general message I like to convey.

The people who run sport, who think they're the Lord God Almighty and look down on those who actually take part as an irritation getting in the way of them having a cushy number. The Jockey Club, the MCC, and the snobs who run Wimbledon, for example. Have a look at this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/36732732

A Uruguayan tennis player asked for a toilet break and was refused. So he threatened to piss in one of the cans that the balls come in, and has now been fined.

What right does the umpire have to stop him nipping away to the toilet? Is he expected to piss himself on court, or try to play while holding it in until the umpire finally decides that he can go? You try running around a tennis court with your legs crossed.

(An afterthought - if he did piss himself on court he'd probably be disqualified because his shorts were yellow, not white.)

Edited by GordonD

40 minutes ago, throbber said:

Radio 1 - I have pretty much turned into a grumpy old man on the subject. I remember when I was young and having it on at work and co workers saying "what the f**k is this shit?!" I have now turned into that guy. Absolute brain dead idiots on it. Yesterday I was hearing how "everyone" in England, Scotland and Ireland was trying to find what ever connection we could to Wales so we could claim to be Welsh for the day. What sort of pathetic half wit would do something like that?

If you're not still at school, or uni at worst, you're too old for Radio 1. 

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

Radio 1 died for me the day they got rid of Mark and Lard.

BIGGEDDY BIGGEDDY BONG!!

I hadn't realised how the pair of them had got sick of each other. Listened to an interview with Lard the other day and he said by the end the pair of them could barely look at each other they were so bored of each other's humour etc. Lard does his own thing on 6 music and Radcliffe & Maconie have good chemistry on 6 in the afternoons - like a Mark & Lard for old codgers. Not enough Fat Harry White though. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I hadn't realised how the pair of them had got sick of each other. Listened to an interview with Lard the other day and he said by the end the pair of them could barely look at each other they were so bored of each other's humour etc. Lard does his own thing on 6 music and Radcliffe & Maconie have good chemistry on 6 in the afternoons - like a Mark & Lard for old codgers. Not enough Fat Harry White though. 

Looking at Wikipedia there to see when they left Radio 1, and I've only just discovered that Lard was a guitarist with The Fall.

Admittedly, I'm fairly sure that I was in The Fall at one point, I'm still surprised that I didn't know that. 

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Looking at Wikipedia there to see when they left Radio 1, and I've only just discovered that Lard was a guitarist with The Fall.

Admittedly, I'm fairly sure that I was in The Fall at one point, I'm still surprised that I didn't know that. 

He left after lamping Mark E Smith in Australia.

Heard about it on Adam Buxton's podcast interview with him recently...  https://www.acast.com/adambuxton/ep.21-marcriiley

There's a guy in the boozer with his work lanyard still around his neck.

It is legal to lift it up and drop the badge end into into his pint.......

or if that not possible strangle the fucker with it

It is legal to lift it up and drop the badge end into into his pint.......

or if that not possible strangle the fucker with it

It's pretty tempting tbh. He's right in front of my view of the football as well so it's not is if I can ignore this disgusting act.

13 minutes ago, smpar said:

Seriously, Granny, I'm fucking seething.

Right.  I'm going to talk you through this.

Relax.  Take deep breaths.  1...2...3

Now boot him in the balls - hard.

Right so a mate at my work wants to start a cheesecake business. I've had some before, it's pretty good. And being a Good Samaritan, I've offered to help him out if he makes one for this charity event thing I'm going to. Thought I'd be spending at most 15/20 quid on this cheesecake. He's just came back to me the now saying the price for this is 28 quid. Feeling a wee bit ripped off considering I was only helping the lad get started. Can't really say anything now but.

4 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Right so a mate at my work wants to start a cheesecake business. I've had some before, it's pretty good. And being a Good Samaritan, I've offered to help him out if he makes one for this charity event thing I'm going to. Thought I'd be spending at most 15/20 quid on this cheesecake. He's just came back to me the now saying the price for this is 28 quid. Feeling a wee bit ripped off considering I was only helping the lad get started. Can't really say anything now but.

28 quid? What size is the thing?