Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My PTTGOYN is discussions (arguments) about who is the best football player. It's a generational thing, you could go back as far as Stanley Mathews, where would he be on peoples' list. The way the game is played is constantly changing and comparing players of 10, 20 or 50 years ago against today's best players seems a bit futile to me. 

My more frustrating PTTGOYN is when you put your car in for repair and they say it will be ready the same day only to get a phone call late in the afternoon telling you it's not quite ready and will take another couple of hours the next morning. The car is a bit of an old jalopy to be fair which is why I don't kick up too much of a fuss in case they tell me not to bring it back to them again.  

Or in case they do something like this.

Today's developments, I'm off ll day but missing the first half of the football to drive my other half about because she doesn't want to walk in the rain despite the offer of a brolly.

A monumental huff is in the offing if I don't get some tonight.

Supported a lady to do some shopping today, got a taxi there due to the pissin rain. When we got out of the shop she said we should walk home as walking was good exercise and the rain was down to a spit. Well it took an hour to walk home and two minutes after we left the shop the heavens opened. Bad and bad enough but that was at half twelve this afternoon and my jeans had to dry on my arse as I didn't actually finish work until 11pm.

I don't really give a f**k if the garden is needing it, the rain can do one.

Obviously I can't give you a reflective account on here however most of your assumptions are incorrect.

I got caught in the rain and I hadn't replaced the change of clothes I keep in the car from last time when I supported someone to the gym.

The rain going off just at the wrong time lulling us into a false sense of security was the issue here, nothing else.

Today's developments, I'm off ll day...

^^^

Hmmm. Gaffer reads PnB and stimpy fancied a day off type posts.

Edited by 19QOS19

^^^

Hmmm. Gaffer reads PnB and stimpy fancied a day off type posts.

If only, finished at 8 this morning so technically a work day.

Got back in time to see the goal though. Brucie bonus.

Today's developments, I'm off ll day but missing the first half of the football to drive my other half about because she doesn't want to walk in the rain despite the offer of a brolly.

A monumental huff is in the offing if I don't get some tonight.

post-31698-0-94520700-1466092033.jpg

Americans who think that "toilet" is an obscene word and use euphemisms like "bathroom" and "restroom" instead. If you're talking about one in a restaurant or other public place, it's unlikely that there's a bath in there, and you certainly don't go in for a rest.

Americans who think that "toilet" is an obscene word and use euphemisms like "bathroom" and "restroom" instead. If you're talking about one in a restaurant or other public place, it's unlikely that there's a bath in there, and you certainly don't go in for a rest.

English is conquering the world in terms of language. We should call it the shithouse or the House of Lords, but ban any other usage.

"Powder room" needs to make a comeback. It would be more accurate in places like nightclubs and financial institutions anyway.

English is conquering the world in terms of language. We should call it the shithouse or the House of Lords, but ban any other usage.

I like the 'wee house' largely for its double meaning seeing as the Gaelic for toilet translates to 'small house' (still) and it has the word 'wee' in the name.

Wee house, Coral!

Eta a PTTGOYN: Fans bringing club related stuff to international matches. We don't need to know you're a Wolves fan to clock that you're English. The St George's flag and the England strip were enough.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I'm doing my part to encourage the use of "cludgie". Your grandchildren will thank me.

Had the misfortune this morning of going swimming whilst half of the pool was taken up by an over 60s water aerobics keep fit class. Saggy tits flying all over the place. Only saving grace is that the instructor was a total wid.

Had the misfortune this morning of going swimming whilst half of the pool was taken up by an over 60s water aerobics keep fit class. Saggy tits flying all over the place. Only saving grace is that the instructor was a total wid.

Granny Danger is looking out his speedos as we talk