Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

What seems to be your issue ?

Well even if we are to ignore the fact that people only seem to want to pay respects if these things happen to whites people and or English speaking people it's still grief junkie attitude. I doubt the people of Orlando would do the same if the same thing happened here.

Maybe I'm just being an arsehole though.

The last two years of Titp I have flirted with the idea of going but always been dismissive for a number of reasons and then when it's been on I have spent the weekend in misery wishing I had gone. Those offers sound good but I don't want to take my GF anyway!

You are just being an arsehole

I disagree.

Je suis Charlie

Bataclan - tricoleur

Orlando - Vigils

Now, none of the above are wrong, what pisses me off is- couldn't see many outpourings of grief when market day in Baghdad results in hundreds of deaths. Or indeed the attacks in Africa.

Aberdeen have now announced they will be holding a vigil for the dead in Florida

The whole of Aberdeen? And who is subsidising the travel expenses? Us bloody taxpayers no doubt :angry:

Said it before and I will say it again.

I blame a certain female who is no longer with us for the promotion of the dip shit celebrity.

Once she made a few bob, suddenly their were a few of them playing up to the idiot card.

I blame the folk who encourage that sort of behaviour tbh. If folk didn't laugh they wouldn't continue to act like a fuckwit. I sometimes see that Joey Essex on the tele and he'll come out with the most stupid comment imaginable, generally questioning something a 6 year old would know eg. "What, is Britain not in Europe?!" And rather than say "Don't be so fucking stupid!" Folk laugh. Boils my piss.

It seems to be a generation thing now, particularly with girls, that acting stupid is the done thing. Baffling.

Aaaaarrgghh

Switched on the telly to watch highlights of Love Island but its all been cancelled because of some stupid tournament with people kicking a ball about the place.

What's happening with Darren and Samantha?

Turning right off the A90 and the car in front had the same idea, only they had the idea of killing their speed on the outside Lane then creeping into the slip of the central reservation. I was down to 30 on the outside Lane of one of the maddest bits of road in Scotland (just south of Aberdeen) screaming at the lunatic to get a move on while nervously looking in the mirror hoping not to see a car sliding sideways towards me.

Idiot.

I disagree.

Je suis Charlie

Bataclan - tricoleur

Orlando - Vigils

Now, none of the above are wrong, what pisses me off is- couldn't see many outpourings of grief when market day in Baghdad results in hundreds of deaths. Or indeed the attacks in Africa.

It's as if people feel like they have more in common with people from a country whose culture they share so much of.

Aaaaarrgghh

Switched on the telly to watch highlights of Love Island but its all been cancelled because of some stupid tournament with people kicking a ball about the place.

What's happening with Darren and Samantha?

They're watching the footy, mate.

Darren and Samantha who, anyway? I'm guessing Gough and Fox, respectively. Am I close?

Turning right off the A90 and the car in front had the same idea, only they had the idea of killing their speed on the outside Lane then creeping into the slip of the central reservation. I was down to 30 on the outside Lane of one of the maddest bits of road in Scotland (just south of Aberdeen) screaming at the lunatic to get a move on while nervously looking in the mirror hoping not to see a car sliding sideways towards me.

Idiot.

Another example of the argument that slow drivers are more dangerous than speeding motorists on the motorway.

Give me the nutter flying by me at 100mph anyday

People (my girlfriend and sons) who try to open the car door before its unlocked. They regularly fail to notice the lack of flashing indicator lights and the noise of the doors unlocking yet they still yank on the handle expecting the door to open.

People (my girlfriend and sons) who try to open the car door before its unlocked. They regularly fail to notice the lack of flashing indicator lights and the noise of the doors unlocking yet they still yank on the handle expecting the door to open.

My wife does that with the boot and manages to catch it at unlock stage where i then have to use the key like some sort of heathen to open the thing..

Eejits