Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Losing someone you care about is never going to be easy for you. Sorry for your loss, man. Without sounding like a script from a Hollyoaks episode, think about all the fondest memories you have with her. Mourning is completely natural and whilst I appreciate that your other family members may not want to keep talking about it, try and find someone (a family member who was also close to her or otherwise) to just sit and talk about all the funny times and treasured memories you had with her. :)

People wailing about 'continuity' and 'realism' in book and film franchises as a way to mask their racism when a non-white actor is cast.

Reading the descriptions of Hermione in the Harry Potter books, she'd look far more like Moma Dumezweni than Emma Watson.

People wailing about 'continuity' and 'realism' in book and film franchises as a way to mask their racism when a non-white actor is cast.

Jesus is always cast as a Northern European hippy.

Jesus continually being portrayed as a white man never seems to be questioned. I'd love to see a billboard campaign in the U.S. Bible Belt simply saying 'Jesus wasn't white'.

Sure, there are fair-haired Israelis nowadays, but that's more likely to be down to a degree of intermarriage with northern Europeans over the centuries. A Jew from Israel 2000 years ago would in all likelihood look, well...Jewish.

I can understand religious art from the middle ages making a mistake along these lines, but even these days he's almost always portrayed as looking like a young Ted Nugent.

Even the supposedly biblically accurate Passion of the Christ had an American of Swiss and Irish descent playing him, although Mel Gibson directed that one, and he's got form...

Sure, there are fair-haired Israelis nowadays, but that's more likely to be down to a degree of intermarriage with northern Europeans over the centuries. A Jew from Israel 2000 years ago would in all likelihood look, well...Jewish.

I can understand religious art from the middle ages making a mistake along these lines, but even these days he's almost always portrayed as looking like a young Ted Nugent.

Even the supposedly biblically accurate Passion of the Christ had an American of Swiss and Irish descent playing him, although Mel Gibson directed that one, and he's got form...

Jewish people 2000 years ago would probably look like the darker skinned Arabs of today.

Folk that talk too loud. Everybody should be allowed one free hit at them with a baseball bat.

We were on a train in he South Side recently, and there were a pair of twee hipster burds doing that loud-as-f**k "Look at us, we're so alternative and in the moment" thing. Didn't help that one of them had one of those braying laughs which she hit out with after virtually anything her pal said.

One of them actually started reading extracts aloud from her diary - I think every toe in the carriage was curled up at that point.

We were on a train in he South Side recently, and there were a pair of twee hipster burds doing that loud-as-f**k "Look at us, we're so alternative and in the moment" thing. Didn't help that one of them had one of those braying laughs which she hit out with after virtually anything her pal said.

One of them actually started reading extracts aloud from her diary - I think every toe in the carriage was curled up at that point.

^^^ Baseball bat, I'm telling you. Only way they'll learn.

post-25606-14652250608488_thumb.jpg

This poster which appeared at work. It annoys me everytime I get out of the lift. It's in the corridor, staring at me.

I mean, 'I dissent from prevent' is all, all wrong. Wtf does it even mean?

Edited by Jambomo