Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Driving home for lunch, along Bellsdyke Rd, and an ambulance comes up behind with blue lights on, sirens going, the lot.  Not an unexpected event, based on the proximity to FVRH.  Only person who was unaware and didn't get out the road was, unsurpisingly, a white Range Rover Evoque driver.  Said driver subsequently turned into my estate, confirming that she's one of the self-important types who, sadly, pollute where I live.

Hope the ambulance was trying to get to one of the daft boot's family.

20 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Driving home for lunch, along Bellsdyke Rd, and an ambulance comes up behind with blue lights on, sirens going, the lot.  Not an unexpected event, based on the proximity to FVRH.  Only person who was unaware and didn't get out the road was, unsurpisingly, a white Range Rover Evoque driver.  Said driver subsequently turned into my estate, confirming that she's one of the self-important types who, sadly, pollute where I live.

Hope the ambulance was trying to get to one of the daft boot's family.

Estate car or estate where you live?

Owing to a new job I have recently started commuting by train, after a couple of years of driving.

I get on at the second stop, the train is quiet and it's no issue to get a seat. Every morning there's this manky looking c**t and his mutant of an other half come marching down the platform not saying a word to one another, and stand in the exact same location on the platform, inches from the edge waiting impatiently for the train to arrive. There itchiness reaches peak levels as the train pulls in, trying to line up with the most opportune doors as the train slows. Elbows out, they shun all comers, the elderly and infirm are not spared in their haste. They proceed in a straight line to the nearest set of four free seats which between themselves and their one bag each, they take up in their entirely in the most obstructive configuration possible. As the train fills up they sit in silence. Staring into their phones like a pair of lobotomized imbeciles they ignore the numerous people who will be standing uncomfortably for the duration, never allowing these poor souls to avail themselves of the seating which lies fallow but for a brace of Le Coq Sportif rucksacks. Sub-human scum.

Every day I think I'll confront the c**t, but in reality I just tut and shake my head compulsively.

Edited by gavin_3110

24 minutes ago, gavin_3110 said:

Owing to a new job I have recently started commuting by train, after a couple of years of driving.

I get on at the second stop, the train is quiet and it's no issue to get a seat. Every morning there's this manky looking c**t and his mutant of an other half come marching down the platform not saying a word to one another, and stand in the exact same location on the platform, inches from the edge waiting impatiently for the train to arrive. There itchiness reaches peak levels as the train pulls in, trying to line up with the most opportune doors as the train slows. Elbows out, they shun all comers, the elderly and infirm are not spared in their haste. They proceed in a straight line to the nearest set of four free seats which between themselves and their one bag each, they take up in their entirely in the most obstructive configuration possible. As the train fills up they sit in silence. Staring into their phones like a pair of lobotomized imbeciles they ignore the numerous people who will be standing uncomfortably for the duration, never allowing these poor souls to avail themselves of the seating which lies fallow but for a brace of Le Coq Sportif rucksacks. Sub-human scum.

Every day I think I'll confront the c**t, but in reality I just tut and shake my head compulsively.

Sounds like absolutely every c**t who takes the train here.

29 minutes ago, gavin_3110 said:

It's the same for me in that my station is only the 2nd on the line, so when I get the train in the morning there's loads of seats.  Through habit I always sit in the same seat.  That is until this utter c**t who has started getting the train has begun trying to get it before me.  It's become a battle of wills as to who can get the seat first.  I got it this morning and gave him a sneaky Greggy face.  c**t.

It's probably going to end up with one of us getting flung under the train.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

1 hour ago, gavin_3110 said:

The solution is simple. A polite request to move the bag so the person can sit down. If there's no response, throw the damn thing to the other end of the carriage.

The solution is simple. A polite request to move the bag so the person can sit down. If there's no response, throw the damn thing to the other end of the carriage.

This. Folk who moan about stuff like this online but don't do anything at the time are c***s. Either ask them to move their bags or piss on them.

This. Folk who moan about stuff like this online but don't do anything at the time are c***s. Either ask them to move their bags or piss on them.

I purposely seek out these folk even if there are spare seats around. Love the seethe it produces!

What caused the crash?

Guy in front of me braked suddenly, coming out of a bad junction as he didn't see a guy whizzing down the main road on a motorbike. Caught me by surprise as I had already started moving off, thinking he was going out onto the road. Poor judgement on my behalf, I've admitted full responsibility for it. c1638dedd6602c09b1a26c0c6d3fb4f4.jpg

Guy in front of me braked suddenly, coming out of a bad junction as he didn't see a guy whizzing down the main road on a motorbike. Caught me by surprise as I had already started moving off, thinking he was going out onto the road. Poor judgement on my behalf, I've admitted full responsibility for it. c1638dedd6602c09b1a26c0c6d3fb4f4.jpg

Bit of T-cut will sort that out.