Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm 100% convinced the standard of driving is going way downhill since I passed my test in 2001.

Agreed. My boyfriend and i were driving up from Peebles today and saw shitloads of terrible driving (not just from him either!).

The worst was when waiting to turn right at a busy junction, there was a VW people carrier in front of us and first of all he drove so far out he was almost in the middle of the road then, obviously realising this was quite a stupid thing to do, he started reversing but kept going until we blasted the horn to let him know we were there when he was almost touching our bumper. He then turned and almost hit a wee lad on a bike because the road wasn't actually clear. Absolute fucking idiot.

1 hour ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Nobody indicates anymore. This would be allright if Falkirk wasn't made up of mini roundabouts. People take the first exit without signalling left which leaves you waiting to see where they are going and halting you.

I enjoy that roundabout to enter the retail park.

Pretty much everyone coming up Grahams road and turning left don't indicate. If that isn't bad enough nearly everyone going straight up the town signals right Ignoring the fact their is a street and an actual right turn.

9 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I enjoy that roundabout to enter the retail park.

Pretty much everyone coming up Grahams road and turning left don't indicate. If that isn't bad enough nearly everyone going straight up the town signals right Ignoring the fact their is a street and an actual right turn.

The retail park boils my piss. You will see more bad driving there than anywhere else in Scotland. People ignore 1 way driving signs, pull out directly in front of you at junctions so you have to slam on the brakes. If it's busy I'll pay to park at Grahamston Station then cross the road just to avoid the bad driving.

Edited by Swordfishtrombone
Bad syntax

3 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

The retail park boils my piss. You will see more bad driving there than anywhere else in Scotland. People ignore 1 way driving signs, pull out directly in front of you at junctions so you have to slam on the brakes. If it's busy I'll pay to park at Grahamston Station then cross the road just to avoid the bad driving.

I raise you the roundabout at mintlaw, 

Only 3 exits, 

A bus stop on the roundabout.

Parking spaces , meaning either reversing out of or in to the roundabout.

Just up from it school with cars parked on road meaning its single file from one exit for around quarter mile during school run time.

Have a look on Google maps

Oh and best of all the police station is located at the roundabout too

Edited by Willie adie

Only 3 exits, 
Just up from it school with cars parked on road meaning its single file from one exit for around quarter mile during school run time.

The Chinese takeaway there is decent though

Only 3 exits, 

Pedant alert: All true other than the triple exit part. It has four.

I used to know a lassie from Fife who used the word "hingmy" like punctuation. Lovely woman, but your head hurt after an extended conversation, as you spent most of it trying to work out what she was talking about. Sadly she never used "know whit ah mean", as that would've been a helpful opportunity to say "no!"

"...so I was at hingmy and so-and-so said we could give hingmy a try and hingmy so we swung by hingmy's bit to see if they wanted to come and hingmy..."  :blink:

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

I raise you kno whit ah mean, but.

I've picked up ending sentences with "but", along with liberal use of "like". As in, "I wid've called you, like, only there wisnae time, but".

May God forgive me. It wasn't deliberate, I swear.

Vegans and people who live an "alternative" lifestyle, usually women and will tell you all about their lifestyle choices and, well, nothing else.
Firstly, being vegan is cool, really I'm happy for you but no it won't give you "vegan powers" like in Scott Pilgrim. Once I know you're vegan I really don't need reminded, I'll remember.
Burgers taste nice however I will not tell you this constantly nor will I emphasise how much bacon brings to the party, I have too much tact for that nonsense so please refrain from telling the cow/pig had been murdered over and over again.
Secondly, if you dye and cut your own hair while listening to a 3 hour track of a naked warrior woman playing a triangle then that's cool and rocking your alternative lifestyle. However the woman in the local hairdressers doesn't really give a flying f**k regardless of what you might think and you really don't need to shoot dirty looks as you walk past. I'm really sorry for your failed relationship and that he just didn't get you and your free spirit but I'm really just not that bothered.
This annoyance has risen from a few people I have just met and have been keen to tell me how different they are from everyone else. Well I've decided I'm more of an everyone else kind of person. I thank you very much.

Edit for a spellcheck error.

43 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Vegans and people who live an "alternative" lifestyle, usually women and will tell you all about their lifestyle choices and, well, nothing else.
Firstly, being vegan is cool, really I'm happy for you but no it won't give you "vegan powers" like in Scott Pilgrim. Once I know you're vegan I really don't need reminded, I'll remember.
Burgers taste nice however I will not tell you this constantly nor will I emphasise how much bacon brings to the party, I have too much tact for that nonsense so please refrain from telling the cow/pig had been murdered over and over again.
Secondly, if you dye and cut your own hair while listening to a 3 hour track of a naked warrior woman playing a triangle then that's cool and rocking your alternative lifestyle. However the woman in the local hairdressers doesn't really give a flying f**k regardless of what you might think and you really don't need to shoot dirty looks as you walk past. I'm really sorry for your failed relationship and that he just didn't get you and your free spirit but I'm really just not that bothered.
This annoyance has risen from a few people I have just met and have been keen to tell me how different they are from everyone else. Well I've decided I'm more of an everyone else kind of person. I thank you very much.

Edit for a spellcheck error.

Why do they all pretend they're Australian, turning every statement into a question as if they think you might be too simple to understand their drivel?