Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Tbf he is right. I am as lazy as they come. 

The lease company won't let me lease a car until I change my licence into my married name. We've nearly been married two years but I can't be bothered changing it over. So lazy.

What if you don't take your husband's last name?

Fucking Stone Age behavior.

14 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Then her last name would be her maiden name, on all documentation etc and there'd be no problem. The issue is she's changed it just about everywhere else, bank etc, so bank statements do not match up to the driving licence in name.

9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Then her last name would be her maiden name, on all documentation etc and there'd be no problem. The issue is she's changed it just about everywhere else, bank etc, so bank statements do not match up to the driving licence in name.

She probably looks at it as one less thing to change when she eventually bins you. 

1 minute ago, MacDuffman said:

Read somewhere about police hanging about new housing estates to catch drivers out that hadn't changed their address on their license. Don't know how true this is though.

Also don't know if you would legally have to change your name on your license?

Yeah, it's an offense to have the wrong name or address on your license.  Not sure what the timescales are though.

Switched on the live big bash cricket this morning just at the end of the 9th over of the second innings. The Hurricanes were well behind but powering on so I had a wee look at William Hill who were offering 10-1 on them to win. By the time I logged in my account and stuck some funds in it was down to 13-2. Still won and earned a bit of cash but peeved I missed out on the bigger odds.
Have to pop over to RTBC and post I won £32 now.

18 hours ago, Cerberus said:

My wife hasn't taken my surname. It's actually easier to change mine to hers over here but not sure I'd suit  9888.pngas my surname.

23 hours ago, Jake Burns said:

Walnut Whips

a delightful bit of confectionary sullied only by that foul tasting abomination that perches on top. 

Walnut Whips (biting the top off with a bit of chocolate) is the only possible excuse for eating a walnut.  I remember the days when there was also a walnut inside on the base; eating the base with the walnut and some creamy stuff was actually worth buying them for.

29 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I've never understood the whole name change thing. If I was a woman I think I would consider changing my name to be anti-feminist or something.

The downside to a woman not changing her name is even more of a proliferation of kids with double-barreled surnames.

I've never understood the whole name change thing. If I was a woman I think I would consider changing my name to be anti-feminist or something.

My sister kept her name but her children took their Dad's name which can get a bit confusing.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My sister kept her name but her children took their Dad's name which can get a bit confusing.

My daughter has my wifes surname here in Japan but mine in the UK. Even I get confused!