Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Utter c***s who think that it's acceptable to change lanes without warning on a 3 lane roundabout because their lane is stationary.

Wee bit annoyed.

Driving home from work tonight. Reach the Lomondgate roundabout on the A82. Traffic in the middle and outside lanes isnt moving due to general volume of traffic. Traffic in lane 1 has a clear run through to turn left into the housing estate or continue onto the A82. I'm in lane 1 as I want to go straight through.

BMW X1 driver in lane 2 decides "ach f**k it, I'm not sitting here. I think I'll try to skip into lane 1" and pulls out in front of me without indicating. He clearly hasn't checked if the road is clear. I'm not going particularly quick - it's a 3 lane roundabout controlled by traffic lights immediately following a 2 lane roundabout thats also controlled by traffic lights. If I don't brake sharply then I'm into this p***k's front quarter panel/wheel arch. So I brake.

And some woman in a black Corsa rear ends me because she's following too close. 

BMW driver pulls away oblivious to the accident his careless driving has caused.

I signal for the Corsa to follow me to the first layby but she fucks off down the slip road to Renton.

I decide to catch up with the X1 and signal for him to pull over to have a chat about his utter cuntishness (and thats not a euphemism. It's not a "chat". I'm a complete shitebag.) X1 driver decides he'd rather not, makes some kind of hand gesture and continues to f**k off. Against good judgement, I decide to follow him. Continue to use my lights and horn at safe opportunities to stop. For perhaps a wee bit longer than was entirely sensible.

When we eventually had our chat:

- I didnt pull out, I only edged out.

- I didnt see you (obviously fucknut)

- My husband didnt see you (duh)

- I didnt see any accident (because you pulled out without looking and then fucked off)

- You must have been going too fast (on a traffic light controlled roundabout that's barely a couple of hundred yards from another traffic light controlled roundabout? and I was still able to stop without hitting your fucking useless husband)

Worthy of this thread or more suitable for "utter bawbags that get on your nerves".

That roundabout and the one before it (heading away from glasgow) are a nightmare, I drive through them everyday and at least twice a week someone will enter the roundabout in lane 1 of 3 and just drive straight into lane 2 rather than follow their lane round the outside of the roundabout. Seen a few crashes and alot of near misses.

Did you get the reg of the corsa? You would of been better chasing them than the BMW.

Don't think mine is quite that fancy.

Very frustrating this. My own TV is like this with no obvious buttons but I scoured it one night and found a solitary button on the back that you could turn it on with, change input, volume etc. Have a good look.

48 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I bought myself a new flatscreen Tv, and it's great for almost everything except it hasn't got any buttons on it. The TV is purely controlled by the remote. With a toddler in the house that remote goes missing fairly regularly and I'm finding myself increasingly frustrated that I can't just turn it on at the Tv like with normal televisions.

If you've got Sky you can program the Sky remote to work your TV as well.  It's pulled me back from the brink of a few snottery meltdowns in my house in the past.

Only downside is if you want to change the source to put the Playstation on.

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

If you've got Sky you can program the Sky remote to work your TV as well.  It's pulled me back from the brink of a few snottery meltdowns in my house in the past.

Only downside is if you want to change the source to put the Playstation on.

Usually if you press the tv button and then the help button on a sky remote it will change the source.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I have an LG TV and if you press TV on the sky remote then press the help button it allows me to change inputs.

Just now, irvine_buddie said:

Beat ya to it :P

Yeah, Bairnado, IB is getting the free pokey bum wanks.

12 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

And some woman in a black Corsa rear ends me because she's following too close. 

I would have just got out the car at this point, and taken her insurance details, photos of damage etc.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I bought myself a new flatscreen Tv, and it's great for almost everything except it hasn't got any buttons on it. The TV is purely controlled by the remote. With a toddler in the house that remote goes missing fairly regularly and I'm finding myself increasingly frustrated that I can't just turn it on at the Tv like with normal televisions.

Are you sure the buttons aren't at the back? (Like throbber's head.)

21 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

People with English accents who have to put an 'R' inbetween a word ending in a vowel and a word starting with a vowel, as in they say Sheilar Armstrong rather than Sheila Armstrong.

There are at least 3 current radio adverts where this happens, and it's a true PTTGOYN once you notice it.

Absolutely this. Politicians keep going on about somebody called Laura Norder and I have no idea who the woman is.

Probably wid, though.

4 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

People who say 'I am sat doing [insert something utterly inane]'. How can you currently be doing something in the past tense?

Footballers tend to use a peculiar tense when describing incidents in after-match interviews.

"So Smithy has beaten his man, then he's turned inside the defender and he's crossed it, and the keeper has come out for it but he's missed it and it's dropped to me and I've just tapped it in!"

22 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

People with English accents who have to put an 'R' inbetween a word ending in a vowel and a word starting with a vowel, as in they say Sheilar Armstrong rather than Sheila Armstrong.

There are at least 3 current radio adverts where this happens, and it's a true PTTGOYN once you notice it.

28 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Absolutely this. Politicians keep going on about somebody called Laura Norder and I have no idea who the woman is.

Probably wid, though.

I posted similar seethe about this on PTTGOYN several months ago. If anything the use of the inserted "r" is becoming more prevalent and it does my head in. 

2 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

This new tv, would you say that you couldn't turn it down?

3 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Reply :

Did new TV not have an owners manual? 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

New TV's don't tend to come with physical manuals now.  They're loaded onto the TV itself.  Which is handy if you can't find the remote.

Probably be able to download a manual from manufacturers website. 

3 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Superglue the remote to the side of the TV,

1   The toddler will not be able to move it,

2   It will give the TV that in vogue 1970s look that probably matches the decor of your home,

3  The exercise of getting up and down to change the channel won't do you any harm.

Edited by MEADOWXI