Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Totally agree , majority of my family and friends are one or the other without falling into the arsehole category and they would agree that there is an arsehole element amongst their support . Unfortunately it's the arseholes that make the most noise and like to do their arseholey things in the name of their club instead of as a sad individual arsehole.

I would also agree with this, many, many of my friends & family support the big Glasgow teams & I wouldn’t consider them bigoted arseholes, the fact that I’m from the N.E. & so are they, however does make them arseholes, albeit a different variety of anus.

I would like to think it gets diluted with each generation but when u see things like dads teaching their 4 year old kids to throw the v-sign at Celtic fans outside the Machan after an OF ([emoji767]1888-2012) match my heart sinks.
They seem to be ok with grass , leaves etc just as the green sided bigots are ok with blue jeans , the sky etc , but any kind of paint or other fabrics are a no-go.

Many moons ago I worked for Sports Connection, each year the same pantomime would be played out when it came to serving parents wanting turf trainers for their kids. Adidas did a range which were available with blue/ green/ red/ orange on them. Cue "I'm not buying them they're blue/ green" comments if you offered the other colour because of size availability.

Same extended to tracksuits etc.

The kids were, almost without exception, not bothered in the slightest...... until told they weren't getting new trainers that day.

5 hours ago, IainMorton said:

When I worked as a steward at football matches years ago, I realised that they only sold crisps flavours in blue packets at Ibrox, and green packets at Celtic Park. How pathetic is that?

Working as a steward is a bit of a riddy, right enough.

9 hours ago, Finch road said:

Driving through Larkhall and the green aspect on the traffic lights has an actual guard to stop vandalism

2018, adults smashing a light because its green. Fucking tragic

You tell a Sevco fan about this and they think it's a great thing

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Working as a steward is a bit of a riddy, right enough.

Yeah but it had its perks. Working in the players tunnel and dressing room area at Hampden on international and League/Scottish Cup final days was always fun and working backstage at gigs meant I got to very close to some big stars. Having James Hetfield saying “hello” to me at Glasgow Green back in 2004 was worth it :) 

3 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Yeah but it had its perks. Working in the players tunnel and dressing room area at Hampden on international and League/Scottish Cup final days was always fun and working backstage at gigs meant I got to very close to some big stars. Having James Hetfield saying “hello” to me at Glasgow Green back in 2004 was worth it :) 

If you say so.

51 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

You'll have a very satisfying life with those demands and expectations.

27 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The burd uttering the famous words "its only a game" tonight after full time. Had to muster all my inner calm to tell her never, ever, ever say that.

She is right though. My wife has even more sense.

Tonight in the car, “why do you go and see the Rovers anyway, utter shite, footballs shite”

Quite.