Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm amazed by the number of people who still want a pm about that post despite everyone else confirming it was fucking horrendous.

Not sure why that amazes you, it’s basic psychology that people would want to know what was said when it’s been bigged up so much.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Not sure why that amazes you, it’s basic psychology that people would want to know what was said when it’s been bigged up so much.

Yeah, it would possibly have been amazing if everyone was saying it was boring pish and people were then requesting pm's. 

Got a text from the bank today to call them about a payment request. Some c**t has tried to do me. Despite the text appearing in a thread of previous messages from the bank, I was a bit unnerved. Some of the questions the guy asked me also unnerved me. Then he knew everything about my bank accounts etc, and he unlocked my online banking which had been blocked as part of this.

So why do I still feel nervy that I just fed him all my money?

Got a text from the bank today to call them about a payment request. Some c**t has tried to do me. Despite the text appearing in a thread of previous messages from the bank, I was a bit unnerved. Some of the questions the guy asked me also unnerved me. Then he knew everything about my bank accounts etc, and he unlocked my online banking which had been blocked as part of this.

Who do you bank with, thanks, what is your sort code and account number I will investigate.

Who do you bank with, thanks, what is your sort code and account number I will investigate.
Too late. In a bout of mega sensibleness I went and found a different number from the banks website, phoned it up and verified everything that went on in the previous call. Safety first.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Amazing is probably the wrong word.

Perhaps "Deeply disturbing " given I know what the original post was

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If you phone the bank using the number from the online banking app or their website, and not any number that has been texted you - you should be fine.

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The fraud team (certainly at Bank Of Scotland) usually use Experian for security questions when they call in regards to fraud that can also block and unblock your Internet banking if they think it's unsafe. If you're concerned just call the number on the back of your card and they'll be able to tell you if it was a legitimate call.

I'm in charge of bank security for Hamilton Accies so I know a few things about these situations.

EDIT - You sorted it without an experts advice. Well done you.

Edited by Bert Raccoon

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Too late. In a bout of mega sensibleness I went and found a different number from the banks website, phoned it up and verified everything that went on in the previous call. Safety first.

When you take it in context with your recent disappearance from this site, it's clear that Div is trying to wipe out your entire existence.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

P.S. was this the text by any chance?

C0B8A1AC-1977-4246-96F3-72BDC911ED14.jpeg

The fraud team (certainly at Bank Of Scotland) usually use Experian for security questions when they call in regards to fraud that can also block and unblock your Internet banking if they think it's unsafe. If you're concerned just call the number on the back of your card and they'll be able to tell you if it was a legitimate call.
I'm in charge of bank security for Hamilton Accies so I know a few things about these situations.
It was the experian stuff that got me the first time actually. Because I wasnt used to the sort of questions the guy asked.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

It was the experian stuff that got me the first time actually. Because I wasnt used to the sort of questions the guy asked.

See, that's why I always hack someone's Experian file first. Common mistake.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Had a similar thing last week but the bank sent me a text with a security number that I had to quote to them when I phoned. They sorted everything out very quickly, blocked the company from trying to get any more attempts at withdrawing money from my account and said that they will keep an eye on them in the future if they try the same thing again.

TBH the bank being overprotective of your account can be a pain in the backside when trying to buy stuff you don’t usually buy. I remember I had to phone them up about a year ago cos I was buying something online that cost £150, and they said that was “irregular activity” on my account :lol: